Approach to teach kids...in Math

@agihcam (1915)
This is an interesting discussion I guess. How would you beloved parents teach mathematics to your kids?I knew we have different tricks and tips for this and I would be willing to have your sharing here; Example,doing 3 + 2,I have instructed my daughter to draw 3 lines or 3 circles and 2 lines or 2 circles,then I will let her count the objects drawn one by one,so one.two.three.four.five,so five is the answers.This is good for a few numbers but may not advisable for big numbers say more than 60 or something. When they are 2 to 3 years old,the thing that we used to teach them with math is their fingers.I have seen some tutorial schools that they used sticks,say 2 sticks + 3 sticks then the kids will count all the sticks and that would be the answers.Please do share your tips and tricks.Thank you.
With young children, the focus should be exposing them to number concepts in the real world rather than having them memorize math facts or do worksheets. Children need to see how numbers are used. Hands-on manipulation is the best way to mathematical skills in preschool children. In early elementary school, parents can continue to work with their children outside of the classroom, but they should also encourage their children to learn their math facts and develop basic computational skills. Parents need to realize that math skills require practice. Children who fall behind have difficulty getting back on track because math is progressive. The most important thing parents can do is teach their children that everyone be mathematically competent. Everyone can get better with practice!
@kittenmc (465)
I agree 100% with you singing1227! You can use dice to teach math. Counting you can use Legos, marbles, money and so on. Matching, you can teach your child to match socks, shoes, and several different things. Categorizing, you can use money, nails, candy and etc. Sequencing, you can use fruit, Legos and etc.( use different colors and have them copy what you did.) Have them put things in order of color, size, or whatever. Number recognition, point out and name numbers in everyday things. Play cards or board games. Measurement, take your child in the kitchen and cook. Talk about near and far, more and less, and the list could go on. I take mine grocery shopping and we add all the groceries up then multiply the tax. I also so them how to find the best buys and so on and so on. You can make math fun.
@agihcam (1915)
Yeah you guys have point.Also,I realized that playing games also develop kids mathematical thinking.