Nova is a horsssse's a@@ and Sparks is a sheep!

So how do ya like them apples, eh? So Nova asked me to name the foal after her, so I did, then I was on MSN with Sparks, minutes afterwards, telling her about this new category she's been missing out on. So she wants me to name the foal after her. Well, when I tell her that I named it "Nova" already, then I came up with an idea. I am always having trouble coming up with names. So I have a $3,000, very rare sheep, and I'm naming him "Sparky". I always have trouble coming up with names for all these blasted animals I have, and some are just too important not to have a name. These boys are. I am the only one in Canada with them. And the BB Booroola rams are so very rare. I'm lucky to have 3 born each year. Well, I didn't really come up with it, sparks did, but I'm posting it first, and she doesn't have the time anyway. But she'll stop by and sit awhile with us, I just know it.
@novataylor (6572)
Wow, you really did name that horse after me!!! WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I didn't really expect you'd take me seriously about that, darlin, but I'm more thrilled than I can say! Yay, I'm a horse's a$$! I've probably always been one, but it's never been THIS much fun before! I can't wait to see the picture of the new 'little me'. Thank you, Annie, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My heart is so touched!!!!And Spark is a sheep is she? Fitting enough - considering it's a most rare and precious sheep. Besides, she is a hard-headed one though, and aren't sheep hard headed too? Makes sense to me! I've never heard of Booroola rams, but I'm going to look them up - now I'm totally curious. ANd for names? Listen, darlin, can help you with that. I can give you ideas for how you can come up with your own. Say the word. This is so cool. This is just so fuc*king cool.
Yes, sheep definitely have a hard head. Actually, the rams in particular, have a double skull to insulate their brains from the shock of ramming heads together in a battle. Horned sheep are the most hard-headed of all. And these BB Booroola Rams are often horned as well, from the Merino blood in them where they were discovered, in Australia! These rams are so rare. When I breed for it, I only get 1/4 that are BB (homozygous for the Booroola gene). I have 1 two yr old, named "Sloan" that I sold to another producer, they have so far paid half of his purchase price of $3,000 and will pay the rest sometime before August when they want to start using him. But last year, I got 2 polled (no horns) BB rams. And I have been racking my brains for names for them. But I also got another horned one and he is a feisty one, so I will name him "Sparky". It fits. He rules in the pen of boys he is in with. He is a saucy character, but with lots of charm, too. Quite regal, with his horns that look like a crown.
I'm trying to think of the couple you mean, I think I remember them, although I was born in the 60's. All I can think of is Dr. Ruth. lol
I forgot about Dr. Ruth! But was it Masters and Johnson? Does that sound right? I think it is.
Rotflmao I have called My sis a few things but a horses A$$ has not crossed my mind! LMAO Sparks deserves to have a sheep named after her! She is a pretty tough fiber isn't she!
And Sparky has a built in crown (horns). Just so appropriate.
@myklj999 (26206)
• Olney, Illinois
And all three of you belong on the funny farm!
Yep, that we do. Yep. We like it here, yes, we do. Really. Don't you? You like us, don't you? You're not going to go and hurt our feelings now, are you? Please, tell us you still like us?
@myklj999 (26206)
• Olney, Illinois
But of course I likeses yous!
OH, now I'm all warm and squishy.
@theprogamer (10539)
Woah! O_o Uh...! Um... I think... I think I uh...somehow ended up in a parallel dimension. Must be something wrong with quantum reality... Don't mind me I'll be on my way shortly! Excuse me for disturbing you three! ********************************** Now to the more serious posting. I didn't know this interest group was around. Seems like Nova and Sparks have turned another member towards the crazy side... Very interesting!
LMAO So you finally accepted my friends request, eh? Cool! I don't now remember why I requested it, but you must have impressed me somehow in reading your posts. I'm glad you came to this discussion. I know, I'm a little strange sometimes. So when I found this, it was just too cool to not use, you know? LMAO. I think I have the giggles.
@theprogamer (10539)
I had taken an absence. At first it was supposed to be for a few or several days. Things got hectic and (very) exhausting in real life. I just now came back over the weekend. That was the delay.
Cool. Thanks for adding me. I'm glad you're back. Now you can help us with this insanity we're all in.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I want some of what you're smokin'!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL I'd rather be a rare sheep than an horse's a*s any day! LOL
I'll post a pic of the newborn foal tomorrow as well as a pic of the sheep I'm naming after YOU! Since I can't upload photos into a discussion until 500, I guess I'll have to post them on my profile page.
Here, I'll blow you some. Whhoooooosh! Hows that?
I'll post here and let you know today when I put the photos up, k, Goodie?
@skinnychick (6907)
LOL!! Great title and I have to say great names for people and animals. It's beautiful that those names can be universally fitting for people and er...farm animals?? You are too funny Annie...
@34momma (13893)
Annie that is so funny and swee, and crazy of you to do. i would love to be named after a sheep or horse. LOL what a great friend you are. Sparks and Novaa, why to go ladies
@34momma (13893)
LOL you can name the next one Sakina! or what my mother use to call me when i was a little girl, Sneaky. she was 5 months before she knew she was pregnant. so she and my family called me Sneaky until i was about 8 years old. Either way, I would be honored!
I love that. Sakina! It is unique to me and I think it is wonderful. And she might be a tad sneaky, too, so I think it fits perfectly. I went outside this morning and took some pics, but have to go offline to put them into the computer, as the camera is USB and the modem uses the same outlet.
@34momma (13893)
well i can't wait to see the pics. Thank you i love my name.
@CanadaGal (4304)
I think that's fantastic that you've named some of your animals after some of my favourite mylotoians. If you have any animals with bad tempers that are overall "mean"... please consider the name "Jeff". lol. And on the same note, any nice, friendly, stately and sweet animals can be "Karen".
I usually ship those "Jeff" types to the meat market. lol. So they don't last long here, if they are cross. But I will have more opportunities to name the "special" ones. Karen will be tops on the list, since I already have Sparky, Nova, Sakina, Myklj, P1ke. You'll be next. I have to pick one out that is suitably natured and 'rare' to even deserve a name. I do have alot, you know. I only name a few. And have to reliably know them from all the rest somehow, by sight or registrations, too.
@CanadaGal (4304)
bwhahaha... a meat market is PERFECT for a sausage man namesake!
@SomeCowgirl (32264)
When I came across this discussion just a minute ago, I was thinking "uh oh someone's quite pissed" lol. Congrats on the new animals!
Right now I am expecting Tori, Nova's Momma to have her next foal. She is due May 25th/09. I am hoping for a coloured (preferably black and white) filly foal this time. Nova is bay. But still a beautiful filly, now almost a yearling. And she can jump too, the little sod. She popped over a 4ft fence without even taking a run at it. She's already 14.3hh. Growing like a weed. Thanks for stopping by, cowgirl. I love your username. Blessings.