What's Your Favorite Way To Relax?

By JJ
@myklj999 (18383)
For me, it's heading out to the river by myself with a good book and going fishing for catfish. If it's a slow fishing day, I just enjoy the peace and quiet while I read. If it's a good fishing day, I'm too busy for the petty annoyances of the world to trouble me any.
@tessah (6621)
fave way to relax... by myself?? darkness.. headset on... speakers cranked to vibrate my brains right out of my skull. trip the rift and and go on the hunt for somethin to pick a fight with, the nastier the better.
trip the rift? splain please?
@tessah (6621)
trip the rift.. its an expression i use for crossing dimensions. similar to astral travel without the soul seperation.. ethereal ..aka.. dreamwalking.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
Many times I have taken myself to the river bank and not even put up a line. Just to be allowed to watch the flora and fauna is such a privilege. I am reminded that all the crazy scrabbling that we do to show that we are richer, cleverer, or in some other way advantaged, just becomes irrelevant.
Of course I do that in between catching all those fish. Very well spoke P1ke, as usual. It just makes you stop and think and picture it. Wonderful, thanks. Oh, by the way, did I tell you I was naming a sheep after you? hee hee
@skinnychick (6907)
Sitting on the porch looking at trees and daydreaming. I just like to watch the world go by without thinking sometimes.
Hey your favorite way sounds pretty damn good to me! I most of the time lock myself up in the bathroom with a tub full of hot skin softening bubbles and a book, or if I am not in the mood to read, candles and my headphones. honestly I have so many things I like to do to relax its hard to say what my favorite is.
@cher913 (25890)
i love to read (i only read non fiction and am a history fanatic), but to relax, i tend to craft and make things with my hands such as cards and other gifts.
My favorite way to relax is to go to the park and sit by the pond. I take my camping chair with me to sit in and I have either a good book to read or my current knitting or crocheting project. Another thing I do to relax is to walk on the trail at the park. There is a section of the trail that is in the woods and I have seen deer tracks and deer wollers. That shows me that deer bed down there near the creek at night. I've not seen any deer yet but hope to one of these days. I like to watch the chipmunks and birds and butterflies and other little critters that may be running around there, too. I also like to walk in the woods and hunt for mushrooms. While I'm in the woods, I enjoy seeing the different plants that have blooms on them. I even like to watch snakes slither along on their merry way. Listening to a breeze in the tops of the trees is music to my ears.
@Gollywog (1092)
I like to sit in the back garden and read a book? I do not answer the door to any one when I take time out to relax. I have my two dogs with me and they are quiet they know Im having time out. lol I usualy have a big bunch of grapes with me straight from the fridge.
@as2006 (5041)
• Israel
I love to relax with a good book or to paint that is my hobby.I love to paint and then I'm in another world.
@marababe (2513)
My favorite way to relax is to grab a bag of chips, make myself an iced tea, pour it in my Starbucks tumbler and go to my room and watch a movie. That's the best for me. I sometimes go out alone also, I go to the malls, watch a movie, have a coffee, it's like my way of unwinding.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Mykl..I like to do the same and really would love to do that soon,but alas i have to work and the book and fish have to wait..love those early mornings before anyone is awake
That sounds relaxing. I used to go fishing with my cousins when I was a kid. But I live in a big city and haven't been fishing in a while. A long hot bath with some good tunes like Zeppelin or the Beatles playing is how I relax.
@cream97 (29166)
Relaxing on my long chair with a good magazine. Also, just trying to drink some tea while resting..