Anyone Else Bitten By Ebay's Digital Download Discontinuation?

I had a meagre business going selling digital download wallpapers on eBay. I wasn't making huge amounts of money, but the profits were decent - percentage-wise. I was set to upgrade my sales and start selling an ebook that I had written about selling digital wallpapers on eBay, when... WHAM! The new policy was announced and quickly came into effect, discontinuing and prohibiting any sale of goods delivered digitally on eBay. (Ok, you can still technically "sell" these items with eBay classifieds - but that really isn't feasible for my digital image wallpapers - not with the classified listing fees. If anyone has found a way to make selling wallpapers work profitably with classifieds, please, let me know!) Reading the various blog posts in the aftermath of eBay's decision, I was struck by the number of sellers from countries outside the U.S. who were simply devastated by this decision - their method of obtaining a living was wiped out. Others took this news undaunted, intending to adapt to the new rules, and move on; many of them now deliver their digital items on cds or dvds. A few rogue and renegade sellers are still trying to slip past the rules and sell with digital delivery... although I would not recommend that anyone do this. (Account suspensions are not fun.) So - long story short - how has eBay's ban on digital download sales affected you? And how have you adapted your strategies to succeed in this arena?
@MH4444 (2161)
I had no idea. Thanks for the update. That's not good at all. It would be simple to sell CD's though. Wow
@coolseeds (3925)
The seller can also charge extra for shipping. However ebay is going to do away with over priced shipping as well. They will be removing items with exaggerated shipping amounts in July.
I hadn't read about eBay doing away with over-priced shipping items. This must be something new? Determining whether or not an item is over-priced for shipping would be hard to determine, imo, as you not only have postage but also packing costs (carton and packing materials as well as time). Any word on how eBay plans to judge whether a shipping cost is "inflated"?
@coolseeds (3925)
I may have seen it when singed in as a Powerseller. What I remember is they will be removing listings with unfair shipping amounts. WTH? Go to UPS and ask them to pack something for you. I guarantee you can not get something packed and shipped for $10. They tried to sell me a box for $18. LOL I told them off and shipped it through the USPS. I am checking through live help. Never use the one on the main page. They do not know much. The powerseller live is help is where you can get answers. I'll post what they say about it.