What's with the stars?

@freedomg (1684)
Mine just turned yellow this morning, and I noticed the different colors out there but have no idea as to what it's all supposed to mean. Any one feel like cluing in the clueless?
@ZephyrSun (7387)
The stars are your reputation. I don't know what every color means, I know it has something to do with your rating (move your cursor over your star and you will see your rating), I know blue is the highest. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
@freedomg (1684)
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of the help.
I'm guessing the little number inside your star also changed? The stars and numbers indicate your rating here on myLot. Each number or rank has a different color (though I couldn't tell you what each one is). That is determined by how other users rate your answers and discussions using the + and - buttons by each post. A 1 star is the lowest, and 10 is the highest, so you are doing pretty good! We get our stars after we have made 100 posts. Good Luck!
@freedomg (1684)
Yay! I'm at an 8 I feel pretty happy with myself.
@paid2write (5202)
Your star number is all about how other people rate your posts. The highest number you can get is a 10, which is a blue star, 9 is a red star, and you are doing well to have a yellow 8. Whenever you give a positive rating [+] to a discussion post in myLot it helps to raise another person's star number.
@Tianna2 (1274)
The stars are a rating system. Yours id yellow and has an eight in it means 8 out of 10. Thats pretty good! I hope this helps. Tianna