Viruses.

@chrislotz (8203)
Got some? Every day after I log in and do some posting in mylot it never fails, I get a bunch of viruses. My AVG comes up and tells me I have 49 viruses and 48 are deleted and 1 is healed. It is always the same number of viruses. I don't get it. Also why does mylot have so many viruses. I know it is from mylot because I haven't done anything else on my computer today. So why is it? Am I the only one? I doubt that, but why are they there? Does mylot not scan for them before they let people advertise on their site? It is usually when I am clicking on the ads, that it comes up. Hopw about you? Do you seem to pick up a lot of viruses from mylot or any other sites?
wow...thats interesting. i cant say I've had that problem. i don't know what to say. this computer does regular virus scans and it never shows any virus threats. I don't know whats happening there. hope your able to remedy the problem soon. have a good one.
@chrislotz (8203)
Thanks for the response. I hope to find out why too, so I am hoping someone here has some answers for me. I don't want to quit mylot but if this keeps up I dont want to jeoperdise my computer either. I have a good virus scanner and I am glad that at least they are being stopped and deleted.
I never received a virus notice while on mylot, actually the only site in the last couple of months where my security system notified me of blocking a virus or a trojan is when I'm on Yuwie. And that's probably the reason I haven't been on Yuwie in several weeks. No problems with myLot, not even one time.
@Timothy31 (649)
What you are getting is likely the warning about tracking cookies. Just let it heal them. Tracking cookies aren't really much harm at all. Now if it says its finding stuff like trojans and downloaders then you should start to worry. I never get any warnings at all when i'm on this site and i also use avg 8.0.
@chrislotz (8203)
I think you are right, it might not be viruses as you say. It may be the tracking of cookies, maybe. It hasn't actually said I had any viruses but it said I had threats.
Yeah i get that too sometimes, not here but i get it. It will just quickly popup out of the system tray right? I see those all the time and its always a tracking cookie.
@santuccie (3375)
Are you using AVG version 8? I understand that it adds antispyware capability, which is becoming standard these days. It's possible that AVG is simply picking up tracking cookies, and maybe an adware or two. But I suggest you pay attention to what it says in the results. Does it specify exactly what kinds of parasites it has detected? The reason I'm asking this is, when I deal with a machine whose antimalware keeps bringing up the same infections, it usually means the infections have only been partially cleaned. Of course this doesn't mean it's actual malware. Perhaps you visit all of the same Web sites each day, so the count is the same. And this could actually make sense, since 48 out of the 49 infections are deleted, rather than healed. Tracking cookies do not make any changes to your system; they're harmless. Adware usually adds a registry key or two, which AVG would have to remove along with the file(s) itself. Just to be sure, you might want to get a second (perhaps even a third and fourth) opinion: http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/free_security_tools/housecall_free_scan.php?WT.cg_n=home_qa_housecall http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax/ http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml Hope this helps!
@lingli_78 (12846)
i never experienced this before in mylot... i had been here for almost two years now and my computer never catch virus because of mylot... so i don't know what is happening to yours... you might want to install an anti-virus in your computer to prevent viruses from getting into your computer... take care and have a nice day...
Please people STOP USING NORTON, Norton is the worst Anti virus software I have ever seen. I had bad costomer service. I was charged extra due to Purchasing issues. And updates would always crash norton. I suggest Bitdefender. It's amazing it does daily scans during the night. Updates everyday. it's great. As for viruses I have had a few in the past. But I use Mac It's mainly when I am at home I head on to my Windows Desktop that's where all the issues start occuring. Mac's have nein viruses. I don't even have anti virus on it, and no issues have happened. -Sound
• Poland
It's really weird and I don't think that this is mylot.com foult. I think that you have somewhere there a nasty downloader and download 49 viruses a day or something like that. You could catched it anywhere else. I have no problems with viruses in here.
It is my guess that your avg isn't taking care of the core of the problem.What I mean is you most likely have a virus or Trojan on your computer that avg is not picking up,and after you get rid of the ones it does pick up the virus that is left behind unnoticed is just reinstalling the viruses avg got rid of.My advice to you is if you haven't already download the free version of lava soft adaware,that will get rid of spyware that could be causing the problem,and then try the free version of trend micro that might locate a virus that avg did not get rid of.There is another free virus remover called avast that one is very good also. I hope this helped let me know how you make out Jas
hey i have never learned of this problem ever before. but if you have problem then let me tell you . 1. Get latest version of anti virus. 2. although i too have avg but temporarily. its not good av. you must either try Norton but it makes pc slow. you must try mcafee total protection its best in world . also use zone alarm firewall. ZA firewall will be trial version . for free full version license key just msg me. Happy Earnings On Mylot
@twallace (2675)
Is it my lots or could it be the browser? I just moved up to foxfire browser and i have been getting viruses from that. When every I cut on the computer i have a program called spy terminator and it detected viruses but they were from cookies. When I used IE browser i didn't have any viruses at all when scanning. They each time that i come on line and sign off they are there when running a scan. Not sure where they are coming from but it might not be my lots. It could be the browser.
Oh viruses! I just totally hate that! Everything has viruses! Not only in computers too! But so far, I haven't really tried other sites that do tell something about earnings, so I'm not much exposed to the virus, and thank goodness! myLot is I think doing great, cause I didn't have any viruses that I got from its site, at least that something that I know of. Lol :p
@Liasonfan (1702)
Yep---seems like a daily thing I battle now. Never ending and annoying as all get out. Not sure exactly where they are coming from. Could be mylot's adds, could be from people posting from their emails that already have undetected viruses, could be my soap sites, could actually be from just about anywhere. And the tracking devices...every site seems to have them. A large part of my computer time is now spent scanning and finding and getting rid of all the unwanted crap! Glad to know I am not alone in this though...
I didn't have any virus warning. You only visit MyLot in the one day doesn't mean that the virus must from MyLot, it may come from Trojan, which download same virus to your computer everyday, and most of the time anti-virus can't catch them.
I'm pretty certain that it's not from myLot. It could be from other sites that you have visited. Warez and pirate sites usually have them. Another source for viruses is generally USB thumb drives. Like floppy disks in the olden days, they are used almost everywhere, so it could have picked up viruses along the way, and when they are plugged in your computer, the virus spreads.
@shay3434 (882)
• Israel
Are you serious? It's very interesting because I have never got any virus from entering mylot. I enter few times a day and I have never had any problem due to using mylot. Are you sure that the problem of viruses is from mylot? I really hope it is not mylot's problem because I like this website and I wouldn't want to stop entering here because of viruses. take care.
@chrislotz (8203)
I think the response abouve yours is correct. She says that it is maybe from the emails I get sent from mylot, or something like that. Read it and you might understand more, since I am not that great with understanding the computer.
@jimbomuso (950)
Hi chrislotz! the viruses are re-installing themselves because AVG's attempt to heal it isnt working. go to a site called 'TrentMicro' and use the Housecall program. it remotely scans your computer and gets rid of the viruses.
@curious888 (1213)
I don't have virus warning after logging to mylot, but spywares may be. Each time I will have spywares scanning after access to the net, and use cclean to clean all.
@jesbellaine (4157)
YOu need to update your antivirus so that it will be able to clean your computer there. We use AVG on our desktop computer and Norton on our laptop. We always update it that is why we don't have any viruses on our computers. Cheers!
That used to happen to me a lot too. Now I have Norton 360 and I love it! It remembers all of my passwords and user names for every site I go to and the best part is that I am totally protected at all times. It was well worth the money for me.