What are the things you love about your country?

France
I live in France and the things I love here are the freedom of speech we have,the great food,the quality of air,the medical system...
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I love the solidarity that still remains (though it's getting smaller) I love my friends and family here I love that I get money from the state when I am not able to work I love that I am able to speak my mind, and that my government leaders will answer me when i write them I love that there are not too many people here, and that there is still clean water and air. I love that the religious fanataics are not in the majority, and that the church may soon no longer be a state-church
lucky.. i have been fighting for disability for 2 years now =*(
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I hope you'll win soon
@praveenjena (1304)
hello cannon ball, there are a lot of things that i like about my country, i like its history, its climate, its soil, its smell, the feeling and the freshness associated with it. i like just about everything that my country is associated with. i am born here and its my motherland. well i just like everything about this country. anyways have a good day and thanks a lot for creating this discussion.
what country?
i am from india
i honestly dont know what i would say for my country (usa) since everything we strive ourselves on we have abused now.. everyone would prob say freedom of religion, speech, etc etc yet we have taken everything that is suppose to be great here and overdone it so much to where its become a negative thing.. freedom of religion to a place that has become so obsessed with religion that its just assumed that people are religious and our presidents and hopefuls ALWAYS claim to be one and belong to a church etc so its like its pushed on people now that you need to be something and only a few religions being something that people wont totally flip out about.. we have freedom of speech but yet kids can get kicked out of school or people fired etc for differences in school papers or articles written that people dont find norm or fair.. its not our health care since we dont have a universal one and a ton of people have no health care or they are like me and have it but cant afford to use it much.. there are so many areas i could talk about.. anyways i dont know of other countries since i have never traveled outside of the US as far as pollution, crime, etc.. but then again im prob taking things for granted.. i dont know..
@mentalward (14695)
You reminded me of one more thing about our country that's not so good. The crime rate. I believe I heard somewhere recently that America has one of the highest crime rates (as a nation) in the world, and that has nothing to do with it's size. That was based on percentages. It's so sad to think that one of the "greatest nations in the world", once considered to be THE greatest nation, is so far behind most of the other countries (short of third-world countries). I don't think we, as the people, have abused our rights so much as our own government has abused our rights. Congressmen and women gets to give themselves raises! What a country, huh?
• France
I consider myself people of the world and communautarism scares me the most too.
thanks for the BR!!
@writersedge (22579)
I live in America, I also love the freedom of speech, the variety of food, people, cultures, and the variety of everything, architecture, clothing, etc. We even have variety in medicine. I went to France, the food is terrific. The thing I missed were trees as in woods or forests. We seldom saw a tree. We gave one applause when we saw one in a field one time. I would have liked to have seen the perfume places and places that make cheese. I would have liked to have stayed longer at the Marche aux puces and food markets, too. But I was on a class tour as a kid way back in the 70s. I bet a lot has changed. Good discussion starter. Have you ever been to America?
• France
I never had this chance but my sister spent her holidays in New York and she told me the city really give her back the energy if you know how to deal with it. I can see from the concert programs online I would be pretty contented with all those great musicians playing in the whole country. I wanna experiment the energy of USA,this must be very interesting!
@writersedge (22579)
Ah yes, every time I say I'm from NY, people think I'm from NY City. I'm from NY State, not NY, NY. In fact, I've never been to NY City. I live on the Canadian border near Vermont. I've also heard that NYC requires and generates lots of personal energy. Has your sister been anywhere else in the States? I hope you get a chance to come to the US, but not just to cities, to other places, too.
• France
She actually only spent some days in New York City, I wish I could travel there as soon as possible!
@bajang (99)
My country? The people, the friendly smile, the nature and mostly the hospitality... Philippines...
• France
I would love to visit.
@bajang (99)
The nature, people and beauty of the place is really great.. I hope you will visit my place...
• France
I heard there is beautiful!
@joliefille (3696)
What I love about where I'm from, the Philippines, is the hospitality of my own people. =) I also love the fact that we do have plenty of nice beaches, that most of us are multilinguals.
• France
It's good to be able to communicate with the outside world
@miryam (6507)
in italy???? foog pizza pasta i live in emilia....lasagne salumi, kisolini..... gnam gnam myryam i hate a governement.......... and i love soccer italian........not donadoni myryam
• France
My grandma was italian and I loved her cooking skill!
@paid2write (5202)
I live in England and I love the beautiful countryside and the local wildlife, historic towns with interesting old buildings and exciting cities with a good diversity of people from different cultures.
• France
I think english have great sense of humor and that is appreciable.
@myliezl0903 (2731)
im from manila philippines.,i love the food, beaches & the good people who are concern in so many ways. have a nice day ahead!
• France
What are the basic ingredients for cooking there?
@spalladino (17924)
I live in America and I love that it is a beautiful, diverse country where you can live anyplace your heart desires and have the freedom to chase your dreams. I love the people here, because we're different and because we're the same. We have different accents depending on where we live or where we originally came from, different opinions about what we like and don't like, different lifestyles, different families...so many differences yet we can all come together as one in times of celebration and in times of saddness.
• France
To hear all the different accents should be very interesting for me!
@naseeha (1385)
I am from India. I like its secular nature, beautiful places and everything else in it.
@mentalward (14695)
Here in the U.S. we have freedom of speech, but people have been known to "disappear" or die "accidentally" if they go too far with it. You can also be arrested for creating a public demonstration without a permit. I must agree with your food... the French cuisine is one of the world's finest! France sounds like a wonderful place. I've heard of the marvelous medical system you have there. My husband and I were watching Michael Moore's "Sicko" and he had an interview with a French couple about the health care system in France. It sounded too good to be true! Ours sucks here. So does the air quality (generally speaking... ours is pretty good, but we live in the country). Hmmm, what do I love about this country? Sad that I have to think so hard about it, isn't it? Let me sleep on it. I might have an answer tomorrow.
@mentalward (14695)
Okay, this did pop into my head... the people. Maybe, because our government does so little to help the lower and middle income classes, the people have learned to come together and help one another. In times of disasters (like the recent Katrina disaster), the American people come together to help. I think that's wonderful. I'm glad I could at least come up with ONE good thing! Thanks for the post... it is very thought-provoking.
lmao (not at you) im laughing because i didnt look through anyones responses and replied through the email i got by being the posters friend and i had a similar kind of take on america and how things "are great but there not" or "free but not" type thing.. and i was looking through and i was thinking.. omg.. im the only person that is gonna post something negative about america.. im glad im not the only person that sees flaws here.. i guess i am too much of a realist and dont buy into believing that everything is how its suppose to be right wise and isnt really.. anyways i will stop rambling now lol..
• France
I saw last Michael Moore Movie too and I was so revolted to see all those drama just for a matter of money... It really makes me think what is this world I live in?
@wendyloo (184)
• France
Hi I live in France also,one thing I no longer love is our new President,, I am so pleased we did not have the right to vote,no way would I want to feel responsable..
• France
Politics always sucks to me...
@mythreya (90)
The best thing i love my country india is its unity in diversity.Every westerner always feels awed seeing so many people of different religion,food tastes,landuage living under one identity that is india.Every state in our country is like a country itself. we have the freedom of speech,human rights,democracy. we have the best technological minds in the world. us economy cannot survive without the skilled man power of indians living there.
• France
You make me think I should finally try indian restaurant,still didn't try it
@MadRam99 (25)
I love the English and England because we are admired all over the world. A nation of fighters.
Everything! I love everything about my country (India)--its name, its beautiful spirituality, the food, the climate, the people, the diverse cultures...absolutely everything. :) I am really glad I was born here.