Do cat's have baby teeth when they're born?

A long time ago, someone told me that kittens are born with milk teeth or baby teeth and grow the real teeth for chewing later on. Do you think that's true? It sounds like a good idea, considering that the baby kittens have to nurse for so long. And, sharp teeth would hurt their mom. Do baby kittens have baby teeth? Or, are they simply born without teeth and later get the sharp teeth for chewing? What's your opinion? Would love to know.
@myklj999 (13931)
Yes, it is true. As a cat person, I have raised many a litter of kittens. It can be most distressing to the uninitiated to look into a kittens mouth that has not lost it's milk teeth yet but whose other teeth are coming in next to them. The milk teeth usually fall out within 24 hours of the other teeth appearing, but for a short time, they look like something out of the movie "Aliens".
That's too cool! I had always wondered about that. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Maybe our next cat will be younger. When we got our "kitten" she was at least two months old and just the right age for adoption. I will keep that info in mind just in case one of our cats ever has kittens.
@myklj999 (13931)
I've only actually cuaght it 3 times out of who knows how many kittens. The first time I was like "what?" The milk teeth don't stay long at all after the others begin to come in.
That must have been totally weird! I missed my own kids first tooth falling out. So, I can imagine the same would be true for the kittens. Something interesting to look forward to. Happy to meet another cat person.
@gemini_rose (16193)
It is true yes, they do have baby teeth that come out over time. I remember when I had a kitten, I was playing with it and it was biting me. I felt something sharp in my hand and when I looked there was a tiny little tooth stuck in my skin! Up until then I did not realise that their teeth came out either.