My Dinner Plans

Scalloped taters - Scalloped potatoes for dinner June 10th 2008
@webeishere (36377)
Just my father and I as always for dinner. it is fairly nice outside. I do have the oven on even though I am BBQing. I am BBQing bratwurst sausages. 2 for each of us. Making the baked beans on the grill as well. And this dish of scalloped taters. I love them. I added onions from my garden to give it an even better taste. What's for dinner tonight at your house? Are you BBQ ing at all? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@minnie_98214 (10574)
Got a practice for tyler so we will probably stop and get a pizza since we got some money finally lol.
I almost forgot fresh bread to and oh it smells great. The bread machine seems to be working very well we will see when we eat the bread. If you come Thursday mabey ill have a warm loaf waiting. Dont I sound like a good housewife but you know better.
@webeishere (36377)
Yes I know better. but machines like that bread maker help those like you become a cook. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@tyc415 (5706)
That sounds so good, well not sure about the sausage. I don't think I have ever eaten that kind but I hear about it so often. I am not sure what we will end up having for dinner. Hubby called this afternoon and he was in the middle of nowhere doing some electrical work on a oil rig and not sure when he would be home. It will be left up to him when he gets home what he wants since he is the one who has been in the wind and heat all day with no shade except in his work truck. I am betting it will be something lite and cool though. You and your dad enjoy your great dinner.
@webeishere (36377)
Bratwurts - My fave BBQ food actually. Well second fave. 1st has to be my roasted sweet corn on the cob in the husks.
It's is great sausages actually. Here they are partially cooked. I am going in and out cooking as I type. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
That looks pretty good. i had leftover pizza hut pizza. I was toldby the doc. I need to eat more fiber so I shoulda had some salad with it. Maybe i'll stuff a couple of pieces of lettuce in my mouth and say it's my fiber.
@webeishere (36377)
I made one of my huge home made pizzas Sunday and still have some leftover but didn't want it tonight. Mine are the size of a large cookie sheet so for 3 of us it lasts usually 3 days. My fiber is donuts. HAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@ellie333 (21029)
I'm just off to bed now here in the UK but it was just so hot I skipped cooking and had a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes instead LOL. I hope you enjoy your sausages. Have fun with the BBQing. Ellie :D
@webeishere (36377)
It's only in the 60's here so it is perfect BBQ weather. Have a good one. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mentalward (14716)
I wish I were there! Sounds yummy! I would have loved to have barbequed, but we had one thunderstorm after another roll through here today. Besides that, I had to take my little dog back to the vet's today at 4 p.m., drop her off back home, then go out and get her babyfood and baby aspirin. So, that didn't really leave much time for dinner thoughts even if I could have barbequed. I just picked up some turkey subs. I hope it all tasted as good as it sounds!
@mentalward (14716)
Almost forgot... weird that you said you had brats... I just picked some up at the store while getting my dog's necessities. Cosmic forces at work... far out!
@webeishere (36377)
Yummy! And these brats were very spicy as well. Dad & I sweated as we ate the, gawd they were great. As were the taters and beans. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
It was grocery day for us here, so that means, we're all going to piece together dinner. It's the catch as catch can day in the Beautyqueen household. My kid had fried chicken, (bought from the store); elbow noodles, apples and toast. All her favorites. And, I'll be having a chicken pot pie, most likely. It's almost ten PM and I still haven't eaten dinner, yet. So, maybe just a sandwich. Tomorrow, when I can go through all the stuff I got from the store, I'll be able to plan actual meals and dishes. Your dinner sounds delicious! Enjoy! (PS Too hot here to BBQ, but I'm happy that someone in the universe can enjoy pleasant weather. It was almost 90 degrees here and one of our air conditioners doesn't work.)
Thanks for the best response! Be well!
@twallace (2675)
That sounds good; the closes to a grill i got to day was the George Forman and it works lovely. I like that thing the way it cooks is cool and it's not a messy clean up. So happy eating and have a nice day.
@webeishere (36377)
That's not a grill. That's an electrical appliance. get a charcoal or gas grill for outdoor cooking. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jillhill (37354)
Well I had leftovers from last night....goulash. It's the only thing I had left in the house to whip up. Just got groceries a bit ago so I'll have more choice in the coming days...tomorrow night I got to my son's for the granddaughters birthday party and a brat feed too....on the grill! YummY!
@webeishere (36377)
We spent neatl $200 at Sams club and the grocery store this past weekend. So I can't complain saying there's nothing around the house to eat. But there are no donuts damn it. HAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@pyewacket (43962)
Wow...sounds great what you're having...I've been living on "rabbit" food lately as it's been so oppressively hot here...I made a bunch of salads ahead of time...like potato, macaroni, tuna...(make them at night when it's "little" cooler) then have them ready and chilled for the next few nights..NO COOKING!!
@webeishere (36377)
WHEW! I saw rabbit in quoates and luckily food followed. HAHAHA! i like rabbit but once every few months only. I've been eating a lot of fresh grown onions of mine. Nothing else is ready due to a late start due to snow and cold early May. Oh well. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
almost time for supper here too. and I am now wondering what I could have for my dinner. I have potatoes and oninons and carrots plus some other things. think I will nuke a potato in my new micro wave. I can have some tuna fish with my nuked potato. and strawberries for dessert. oh yes. think I have it all planned now. lol.
@webeishere (36377)
Speaking of strawberries, as I was out back I checked the strawberry patch and a lot of the blossoms have fallen off and the berries are starting to form. Yippee! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@lingli_78 (12852)
sounds like a great dinner grandpa bob... i cook beef with sweet soy sauce and bean shots for tonight dinner... it is stir fry... we don't have BBQ equipment in our house... so most of the times, i just do stir-fry for me and my hubby... i also don't have the time to spend to cook a luxurious dinner as i am already so tired when i reach home... take care and have a nice day...
Bob, Between you and Marciascott you always make me hungry, LOL. I have grilled more this year than I ever have. I like keeping the house cooler with the 100 dg temps here in NC, plus the added taste bonus. I have cooked burgers, fish, chicken, chops, kabobs, veggies, you name it and I have cooked it on the grill this year, oh the shrimp I did was so yummy. Tomorrow well today, now since it's after 12 I will be cooking some country ribs, with some corn on cob and baked beans. Ya'll come!!!
@stephcjh (32385)
I love to cook brauts on the grill. We have those alot. My husband and I both usually eat two each also. We like scalloped potatoes too. We usually fix fries with our brauts though and sometimes we have some baked beans with a little onion and bacon in them too. We had some chicken nuggets and nachos at my house today though. We was too tired for anything else. We work too much LOL. It finally caught up with us too. We may grill something out tomorrow though after the grass is cut.
@KarenO52 (2951)
I love that kind of stuff. Brats are always better when they're cooked on the grill. I like onions on them too, and some hot mustard. I made some chicken and dumplings today, but I'll have it for dinner tomorrow since I had leftover Barbeque ribs that my husband made Saturday.
@lilybug (21182)
Tonight for dinner we had Mahogany Chicken, yellow rice, steamed broccoli, and some golden honey rolls that I baked today. For desert we had drumstick ice cream cones.
@sherrir101 (3671)
Sounds awesome. We have BBQ'd at least 3 times in the last week or so. In the last few days we have had a lot of storms and could not BBQ. Last night when we came home our power was off (due to storms) and we went out to eat. Couldn't see to BBQ in the dark. LOL We had homemade pizza tonight. I used ranch dressing as the sauce. I used roast beef and mozzerella cheese on top of the pizza. It was so good.
@winterose (39931)
sounds wonderful can I stop over for some? we had pork chops and baked potatoes with some corn.
@dragon54u (31352)
I don't BBQ because I hate being out in the heat making more heat! But I love it when others do. I usually heat up a diet dinner or something. I live alone so it's no big deal. When my mother visits, I cook but probably not this visit since I'll be working the second shift. I adore BBQ ribs, can't get enough of them! Brats are good, too. When I was married I'd make brats on the grill for my husband and boys with corn on the cob, yummy! But I never could make decent ribs.
@Gollywog (1093)
Well BBQ is out as its raining? I will have to use the sausages and make toad in the hole, BBQ will have to go on hold?
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! Wow, your dinner sounds yummy! And this post is a day old. haha..Never had a lot of time lately so I guess my response to you is a little late but will answer it anyway. Our dinner last night was chicken cooked in tomato sauce. It was sauteed in garlic, onions and red pepper..then boiled it in lemon and soy sauce, then have carrots and tomato sauce. Uumm, yummy for me! haha.. Take care and have a wonderful day!