When I was a kid, I used to think...

@clowdine (1402)
When I recall some of the things I thought and believed in as a little girl, I feel now that I was so cute then. I used to think : -that we humans lived inside earth. -that babies would go out of the mother's t-shirt during child birth. -that there was Santa and he was one of the saints. -when I grew up, I would like to become a grocery paper bag maker -that I was so beautiful and would be an actress. Those are only few that I can recall at this time. What about you? What can you share about your funny childhood beliefs that you laugh whenever you recall?
@kun2349 (23475)
LOL ^_^ Grocery paper bag maker?? hehe ^_^ How did u come up with this?? haha For me, i only tot of becoming rich, living a lavish lifestyle.. LOL ^_^ But as i grow up, i realise it's actually not easy to do so, even providing a comfortable life is so hard nowadays.. hehe
@clowdine (1402)
That grocery paper bag maker ambition of mine was because of our neighbor who was making grocery bags out of cement paper bags with the help of her children. I would go to their house everyday and watch them do that. I didn't know but I enjoyed watching how they cut the cement bags, how they put some paste (out of cooked starch) on the folded papers to be finished off by one of her children and the mother would sit on the piles of paper to ensure they would all stick well. And then they let the bags dry. I wanted to help out but they wouldn't let me, of course. That would mean crooked finished products and they have to deal with loss or wastage by entrusting some pieces to a little girl who was about 5 or 6 years old. I really felt, at that time, they were accomplishing something big, and I would go home and imitate what they were doing by using pages of my older siblings' notebooks used in previous school years.
@kun2349 (23475)
I guess it was fun to see them doing it as a family.. hehe
@checapricorn (16066)
This is an interesting topic clowdine..LOL, Let me think...I used to think also the Santa is real and he is the one who is really bringing our gifts every Christmas, I used to think that being cashier in the store in like teller in the bank,LOL, Then, I used to think that airplane is close to heaven already as well as clouds, funny! Another is, I believed before that the baby has the same passage as our urine..Anyway, those were the days,, I wanted to become a cashier before!
@clowdine (1402)
I also had something about clouds. I also thought they can be eaten like cotton candy and they can also cushion anyone who would fall out of the plane. The cartoon program, "Care Bears" that I avidly watched then, even justified my belief because the bear characters stepped on the clouds like they would on the ground.
hahahhaa..that is funny too! Anyway, that is why is wonderful to hang out with kids, everything seems possible..Cheers!
Ok, here are some of my childhood beliefs: 1. I used to think that the priest was Jesus and that the altar boys were angels. 2. Whenever it thundered, I used to think that God was moving stones in heaven, and that's why the loud noise. 3. I thought my father's name was "Papa." I had no idea he had another name. 4. I thought kids emerged from the belly button, and then my Mom simply knotted it up again. Well, wasn't I one big dumb kid? Thank God I grew up! Cheers and happy mylotting
@clowdine (1402)
You really got me laughing hard here. Especially the part where you didn't know your dad had a different name. Thanks for responding.
@yourkl (585)
Many things i want to do and toys games .Now i cant be a child. So sad about ages.
@clowdine (1402)
I agree. It's something that we cannot hold back. Life is much simpler but colorful when we were kids.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Yes childhood days was something else. While growing up they used to tell us that baby come from plane. These stories were tell to every children in the yard, so one day my elder sister hear someone talking about baby coming from the belly and went to my cousin with a knife saying she want to see that baby that was in her belly. I tell you those times was really something else.
@clowdine (1402)
That was close. Good thing, the knife held by your sister did not touch any flesh. It's also dangerous sometimes when a child believes something that is not exactly true or if there are some distortions between what adults can see clearly and a child's somewhat controlled point of view. Thanks for your post.