How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

@34momma (13918)
I am not really a makeup girl. i recently started wearing just a little foundation. but my 3 year old loves make up. i mean she loves all of it. she loves to come with me to get her nails done. She just got a 30 piece makeup kit for little girls and she is doing everyone nails and we are all walking around here looking like a clown. Even her father and brothers. . so how old were you when you started wearing make up?
@SheliaLee (2738)
Hi There! I didn't start wearing makeup until I was around 16. My mother wouldn't let me wear it before then. That was the age I started letting my daughter wear it also. Take care and have a great evening!!!
@34momma (13918)
hello there shelia, how are you doing? i think that is just the rigth age to start wearing makeup for a young lady. thanks for stopping in
@lingli_78 (12852)
i am not really a make up person and i only started wearing make up when i am about 16 i think... even then, it is only powder and lipstick... that's all... i don't like make up at all... even until now, i still don't wear any when i go to work except for the lipstick... otherwise, my lips will look so pale... that is so cute of your daughter to do that... and to her fathers and brothers as well... :-) i think she will grow up to become a make up artist... take care and have a nice day...
@34momma (13918)
that is like me. i only wear a little and that is only some times
@enola1692 (3325)
Well I was into the theater an I wore make up for the shows when I was 10 an our make up lady betty was a doll if we wanted a makeover she would give us girls one for fun but outside of my friend from the play house i didn't wear too much make up i had one of those dads that didn't believe in it he allowed for the theater an tha was it
@34momma (13918)
i like makeup. i only started wearing it this past year though. i don't every day. but i like the look of it
@ladym33 (11009)
Like your daughter I played with it when I was little. I dabbled with it a little when I was 13, that Summer my mom enrolled me in a make up class, so I could learn how to do it right, by 14 I was wearing makeup.
@34momma (13918)
oh that was really sweet of your mom to do. maybe i should do that for my little one. becuase her makeup skills are something to be desired! LOL LOL
@skydancer (1716)
My parents never set an age limit with me. However, I was never interested in wearing it, and the only times I can remember wearing it as a child were with Halloween costumes and dance performances. Even now, other than for dance performances I do not wear any make-up other than concealer. I would say the youngest I can remember wearing it was probably seven years old or so. But again, this was only on special occasions. I had no interest in it unless I was dressed up for something.
@lynnchua (3416)
I started to wear makeup when I was sixteen. That's the time when I had a holiday job, bought it with my first pay.
@34momma (13918)
now that is what i am talking about. paying for it with your own money! LOL
@lynnchua (3416)
That's true, I was taught to pay for what I wanted. Save pocket money to buy whatever things I wanted when I was very young so now I'm teaching my kids to save and pay for what they wish for.
13.but i wasn't allowed to wear very much. just a bit of pencil eyeliner and a little shadow. nothing really elaborate or gaudy.
@34momma (13918)
a little liner goes a long way. if done right it can give you a great eye! i use to love eye liner as a teen.
i do too.i'm more fond of liquid nowadays though. i just wish they had as many colors as the pencil.
@deem1977 (242)
I started wearing makeup when I was about 12 or 13. It was about the time I started junior high, but I was only allowed to wear lipstick. This is going back about 40 years ago in the 1960's when white (or practically white) lipstick was the rage. I can still remember going with my mother to a cosmetics counter and being given a choice between two light pink lipsticks -- one that was so light to be almost white and one that was a more normal light pink. I bet you can tell which one I chose -- the one that was almost white. (I was wearing it in my 7th grade school picture.) After that I was allowed to add more makeup products gradually. I think the next step was mascara and then I moved into powder and blush as well as eyeshadow. Your little girl sounds adorable and it also sounds like she is having a lot of fun. Enjoy her while she is little and you and she can just have fun with her makeup.
@34momma (13918)
i have so much fun with her. she is the girliest little girl i have ever known. and watching her just have fun like that makes me smile
Aww. That's adorable! I think that it's so bold of the men to let her do that. Haha. Especially her brother, now that's manly. When I was 12, I first tried eyeliner and lipstick. Haha. After that, I started to get used to the eyeliner and I guess my make-up obsession grew after that. I can't see myself without make-up for all these years. Haha. ^^;
@34momma (13918)
They are great with her. she can get away with doing almost anything to them. LOL i love it. i use to wear eyeliner when i was younger. now it makes my eyes all itchy
i started messing around with makeup when i was like 12. i never started wearing it out of the house until i was a bit older. your daughter sounds super cute.
@34momma (13918)
Come on over and check out my latest post and see some new pics of her http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1583624.aspx?p=1#2_17428000 she is really a sweetie
OK! I have a confession. My daughter is a beautyqueen too. She doesn't do pagents, but she is a real beauty diva and loves having her nails done. She loves lipgloss and girl lipsticks. She goes crazy over bottles of lotion and face cream. She's her mama's daughter! That's for sure. I thought mine was the only one who did that. How cute! I didn't start wearing makeup until I was 12 years old or so. I had to buy my own, though.
@34momma (13918)
I created a Monster - my sweet Olivia
OMG, I took her to get her hair done for the first time!! I created a monster!!! here is a pic of the little monster!
@moejun (75)
I started wearing makeup when I was in first year college, but I just wore some loose powder and some blush. When I started working, I began reading some beauty blogs and forums. I began collecting makeup.. I got hooked..
@34momma (13918)
i am not hooked, but i do like it a lot more now. i like the way my face is nice and even. i like the way the colors make my eyes pop. makeup done right can really make you look amazing
@cuddleme01 (2728)
i think i started using make up and lipstick when i was at my first year in high school. I just place a little amount on my face because i was afraid my parents would notice. Besides i lived in a rural area so make up or lipstick were not worn daily. But things have changed now. Even kids below 5 love to wear make ups. My niece for one, who is only 3 years old likes putting lipstick on her lips and some blush on.
@34momma (13918)
that's my little girl. she is so girly, and she loves to get all made up. once a month I take her to get a mani and pedi. just her and I spending some girl time together. went today and she had everyone there laughing. she said mommie we are going to look fabulous. She calls us the bam bam hot girils. she has everyone saying you look bam bam hot now! it's too cute
@thedaddym (1737)
I have never wore makeup. Then again I am a guy so it wouldn't really look right on me anyways. Sorry just had to join in .
@34momma (13918)
thedaddym, you are to funny!!! hey everyone is welcome to my discussions! so welcome!!
@luvstochat (6916)
If I remember right I was about 15 when I started wearing makeup. I didn't wear alot of it. I remember the first time I put on eyeshadow I had on so much I looked like a circus freak! It took some practice to make it look right.
@34momma (13918)
LOL LOL i think we all had that look at one time or another!!
I cant remember the exact age but i know it was a young age..never really wore a full face full of makeup just eyeshadow and lipgloss.
@34momma (13918)
i didn't do eyeshadow, but i loved my eyeliner and lipstick
i started wearing make up just recently..i am not a make up person and i am almost 24..i just started putting on some foundation, mascara and a lip gloss..somehow its a pretty thing to do and i'm loving it..
@34momma (13918)
it does make you feel pretty. I like the way i look when i put it on. i don't wear it often, but when i do i really enjoy it
@Tianna2 (1274)
I started wearing make up when I was 14 although my mom didnt know until I was 16. I started wearing lipstick and eye shadow and later on started wearing foundation, eyeliner and mascara. Nowdays I never go anywhere without a lipstick and some eyeliner. I'll bet your daughter looks real cute with all of her make up on! Tianna
@34momma (13918)
she looks a hot mess!!! she has very small lips but you would not know it with the amount of lipstick she puts on!! but dang, she really does look cute!
I just started wearing make up this year! I'm 19 years old about to turn 20 in july and i think it's just about time(^^,)
@34momma (13918)
oh that is a great age to fall in love with make up.
@stephcjh (32385)
I have never really started wearing makeup. I did wear a little bit of mascara when I was 13 years old. My sisters pushed me to do that though. I don't like wearing makeup myself. I don't think it looks good on me at all. I think it makes me look like a clown, LOL. I like my regualr complexion of skin on my face.
@34momma (13918)
I wear it more often when i was younger. i always had on eyeliner and lipstick.