WAIT!!! A Live Agent Would Like To Talk To You!!!

@sconibear (7999)
ok, so i'm clicking at the 50 or so sites i click at everyday, and every now and then, there they are...the ads that when you go to close the window, you get the pop-up that says "wait...a live agent would like to talk to you", and then when you close that, you get another pop-up that says "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" if i didn't want to navigate away from the frigging page i wouldn't have clicked the little red box with the "x" in it. i mean do they think that by doing this you're going to say to yourself "Oh wow, i'm glad they stopped me....maybe they do have something i want that i just didn't notice EVERYDAY THAT I SEE THIS SAME AD!!!" so what do you think of these advertising tactics? friendly reminder or guerrilla advertising?
@StereoDiva (2143)
HAHAHA! I hate this! Seriously, if I wanted info, I'd ask. You hit the nail on the head... I wonder if it really does work, and perhaps they do catch some newbs who have never seen it before... but overall, I rate it. ANNOYING!
Thank you for best response.
I think it's really annoying. Sometimes I type back profanity just because it's not a real person, just an automated thing and it amuses me. They magically type 2 paragraphs in one sentence...the same... thing every time!
@sconibear (7999)
and they always look sooooooo happy. thanks for responding.
definetly guerrilla.some of them you can't close either unless you hit ctrl+alt+delete and close the window or it'll redirect you.at that point,if i was interested in their shpiel at all,the urge is gone for sure.
I hate that opo up. And it says the same thing over and over. Its not really a live agent