Books, no longer our Best Friends!!

In the past people were more attached to books, books were considered as a man's friend as it could give comapny to a person if he is lonely or just wants to be left alone or for any other reason that i dont know!! The art of reading is lost too, like the art of letter writing. People read books of substance. Oh, by the way what kinds of books do you prefer to read? I am not much of a reader myself but i like to reads books of fiction, supernatural, Thriller and sometimes Chicken soup for the soul(which makes me cry)!
@KrauseHome (35026)
Well, I have become not much of a reader anymore also myself. Most of the reading I ever do anymore, is via the internet, like here in myLot, my Email, etc. I always find myself making excuses now so I just never can get a book read. Even when I do try to read something, unless I get really interested in the Book I find it hard to keep going with it. But I do enjoy a good True Crime novel from time to time, or Chicken Soup for the soul.
Exactly, internet is replacing the books. Ah,even i enjoy reading true crime magazines (we get magazines here). I thought i was the odd one out who loves to read what bad had happened to other people!! But it does help me be aware of the crimes that are happening around the globe, which is very essential to be safe.
no way,books are still a man's best friends. no doubt the quality of the books are degrading. but it never makes me feel that books are gone. they keep me enticed, help me get over difficult situations. books on religion give you peace, teach you morals while on sports, relaxes you. even the magazines have well written articles which you will cherish to read. they strengthen your vocabulary as well.
YES I DO AGREE WITH YOU, BUT WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT INTERNET IS REPLACING THE BOOKS FAST. aTLEAST I GET VERY LITTLE TIME TO READ AS MOST OF THE TIME I AM ON THE NET! YES BOOKS DO GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND AT TIMES.
@dragon54u (31605)
I love books! I try to read at least an hour a day, it's a delicious escape. I like fiction, horror and adventure and if it's all rolled up into one book it's even better.