Update on the latest fire in Butte County, California

@Katlady2 (9925)
This fire had broken out yesterday, and firefighters were having a tough time getting any of it under control. Now the fire has burned well over 8000 acres, and is about a half mile from the main Butte College campus. The fire is actually going in all directions because of the winds. Several hundred homes have burned to the ground, and many neighborhoods have been evacuated. Right now there is so much dry grass and trees that there is fuel aplenty to feed the flames. It is only 10 percent contained at the moment with no immediate end in sight. Again I ask that you please pray for these firefighters, and for the police officers that are putting their lives out there as well trying to get neighborhoods cleared out before the fire reaches them. I will update again when there is more information. Hugs to all........Carryl
@Feona1962 (7529)
Hi PPP, I will put everyone in my prayers...IT just seems to be a neverending battle with fires...It is so heartbreaking for people to lose their homes...I hope it all ends soon...hugs
@Katlady2 (9925)
I know it hasn't ended yet. As of the other day, the fires in Butte County alone were at 75 percent contained. It's going to be a long fire season I think.
@Feona1962 (7529)
Hi PPP..thanks for best response...I am still praying for it to all end soon..If it isn't fires in the west, it is flooding in the midwest..hurricanes in the south..and so on...it sure does get overwhelming sometimes...
@carolbee (16243)
Believe me I have been following this as close as possible. We have a daughter who is a firefighter and you can bet I worry about her. We don't have any fires of this nature in our part of Missouri since we are in the middle of St. Louis and it's all residential. We have fires but primarily house or commercial fires that are contained to one dwelling. My prayers are with the firefighters and police officers handling this deadly situation. Thanks for posting the update.
@Katlady2 (9925)
Thank you hon. I just hope they can get it out soon. This is such a scary situation right now. Hugs!