Twins

@ahrdwrkr (690)
Are there any twins in your family? I know a twin who married a twin and there were lots of twins at the wedding. How common is this?
@juicemilk (2286)
Twins run in the family :) My dad's brother and sister are twins, and my grandmother on my mums side has a brother/sister set of twins as well. I'm suprised my parents didn't have any twins!
@ahrdwrkr (690)
From my understanding it usually skips a generation. I don't know how true that is, but that's what I've heard.
@juicemilk (2286)
okay, maybe I will have twins then! Don't think there are any on my boyfriend's side
@claudia413 (4284)
I used to be married to a twin, and my grandmother always told us that twins showed up every other generation in her familiy (she had twin brothers), but none of her grandchildren have had twins. I guess maybe one of the two that didn't have kids might have had twins if they'd had kids. Also, my son and his wife were expecting twins years ago, but lost both of them to miscarriage. They have 3 kids, no twins.
@ahrdwrkr (690)
Sorry to hear about the loses. Thanks for responding.
@the_vicar (1478)
Twins do run in families. We have them every other generation for as far back as anyone can remember. They were all boy/girl sets except mine, I had two boys.
@ahrdwrkr (690)
That's kind of cool. I always have been very interested in twins. One of my papers in school was on twins.
@queenyesi (577)
Yes my grandmother was a twin. My man has cousins who are twins. We also have a few twins in the family that aren't identical.
@ahrdwrkr (690)
Thanks for responding.