Who do you have a better relationship with?

Friends - kids being friends and enjoying time together
@dfollin (11842)
Who do you have a better relationship with,your friends online or offline? For me Iam closer and can count on my friends on line more then off line.What about you?
@Valenas (1510)
Online, definitely. I have a friend that I have in real life, but I talk to him more online than I talk to him in the real world. I feel more comfortable talking to people from behind my keyboard because I feel like I have time to think about what I want to say, and if I what I am saying does not come out right, I can always hit the backspace key if I have not already hit submit. In real life, I feel awkward, and like I have to struggle to be interesting around people.
@sameroad (3181)
I feel the exact same way you do when it comes to talking to people. It sucks! I wish It was as easy to talk to someone as it is online.
@dfollin (11842)
I find that my friends online accept me more for who Iam when I talk.But,my friends off line take me for the places I shop,the clothes I wear,the place I live at,and so on.My friends online really hear ME! And as you said I can take my time about figuring what I want to say and hit backspace if I need to.
@Valenas (1510)
Sameroad: It is so much easier to talk to a person online, because you do not have to worry about eye-contact. When I am talking to someone online, I am not sitting there, kicking my feet nervously and saying "Uh..." or something every several words. I am not always like that in real life either, but sometimes. Dfollin: Exactly! And, another good thing about friends online is that, usually, they get to know a person well by their personality rather than appearance. Sometimes people judge another person by the way they look, or expect them to act a certain way because they look a certain way, and text-to-text conversation somewhat eliminates that problem.
@kerriannc (4285)
• Jamaica
Come to think about it I don't have any friends at this moment. I respond to discussion here everyday and I started another site today. But friends I don't have any. Doing discussions here does not consist of friendship. Friends to me is one who call and see about your welfare. All of my friends desert me here in JA since I become poor and cannot help them no more. So it is good that you ask this question so that I can analyze if I have friends. Which I don't have. There are associations which mylot falls under.
@dfollin (11842)
I know what you mean,but there are some people on here that I consider my friends.
@stephcjh (32387)
I don't have any offline friends. I do have some acquaintances but they are nothing like me at all. I have more friendly acquaintances online that I love to spend more time with than the offline ones. The offline ones are really not my friend at all and they have nothing in common with me. Alot of them have a computer but they never get online and acknowledge me. That is okay because I work alot anyway online. They do not get into that kind of stuff.
@dfollin (11842)
I know what you mean.I know some people off line that are not really my friend at all.
@Shaun72 (15970)
• Palatka, Florida
So so I. I have met quite a few friends online that I can talk to better then I do friends off line.
@dfollin (11842)
Me too.I find I can be more open with my friends online.I have found the more open I get with off line friends the more they want to push me away.
@nanajanet (4437)
I know more people on line, and I am friendly with many, some are my friends (I've known online for years, we've met and keep a relationship), but I am closer to my off-line friends, who are a part of my life on a more personal basis.
I have some friends off line who are very important to me, but there's always matters of convenience. When can we get together? When are their schedules clear? My on-line people are always there when I urn on the computer.
@hellcowboy (7383)
I have real friends,and I also have a few online friends,I do not really talk to my online friends very often,but I can definately count on my real friends, because most of them always have my back,even though I do talk to a couple of them online.
I would say they are equal. I enjoy spending time with both. There is the matter of convenience, but that doesn't make me care less for my real life friends...lol. It's a part of life. You just compromise. It's easy to become disconnected from people these days, so my real life friends are important to me.