I Love Him. He Loves Me. - Christopher's Story

@Ldyjarhead (10157)
A lot of you have been following my story of Christopher Robin. If you would, please go read what I just posted on my blog. http://christopherrobinchronicle.blogspot.com/ If you haven't read any of it before, please start at the first entry at the bottom. I think his story is a good one, and I've love some feedback.
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh nuts...you should have had a warning..."Tissues needed" I'm so sorry to hear of Christopher Robin's fate...But what a wonderful blog and journal of his life, however short it was--you now have a memory of him to last forever. Thank you for sharing your story
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Thank you. I'm still debating on whether it would make a good shorty story for publication somewhere.
@pyewacket (44036)
Go for it!! I think this would make a great story somewhere!! I once read a book called "Arnie The Darling Starling"--and the author related how she took care of a starling...much later..believe it or not I came across a starling....he wasn't a young bird..maybe perhaps very old..he couldn't fly for some reason...there was nothing wrong with him..his legs were fine, wings fine..just couldn't fly I took care of him like crazy though..he loved grapes..hehe..I kept him in a large cage out on my fire escape...did have cats so keeping him indoors out of the question..but would bring the cage into the bathroom and locked the door to clean out his cage everyday and let him out of the cage and feed him grapes from my hand...I remember how he loved pecking at my toes..lol. Like I said he couldn't fly..if he tried he would just fall backwards..but I loved that bird and took care of him...and I think you can guess the name I gave him....yes, Arnie...he was only with me for a few months...and would like to think for that short time he knew love and caring...Oh crap...have to get some tissues just remembering this
His story is very heartwarming. It brought tears to my eyes, I'm a big lover of God's creatures that he gave to us. You will be blessed for your efforts through God. You are a wonderful human. I'm so sorry your friendship with Christopher was for such a short time. God Bless.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Thank you for the kind words. To be honest, I didn't expect Christopher to live past the first day, but he was with me for just shy of a full week. He taught me a lot during that short time, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity.
@kimbers867 (2540)
What a wonderful lesson!! Can I post a link on my blog?? We had a bird make a nest in a box, that was on our table in our gazebo. Well we had to move the box because of Kristina's birthday party, we really didn't want to but had no choice. The momma came back one more time and that was it. It was so sad! Thanks for sharing.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Oh yes, you may absolutely put a link. I'm flattered. I think Christopher had a wonderful little story to tell. I kept him out under the tree except for overnight, and there were robins and other birds everywhere, but not one of them paid any attention to him at all. He would just sit on the side of the box, watching the world go on around him. I hoped that he was paying attention to what they did, how they ate, etc. I'm not sure if it worked or not, but the last day or two he was actually pecking at the grass a bit (didn't get anything, but still, he apparently knew he was supposed to do it for some reason).
@blackbriar (9080)
Too bad you didn't make his box safer for Christopher Robin. I'm sure he is up there chirping down at you, letting you know he made it into heaven and not to worry about him. His short time with you was a blessing, thou, because it was him that encouraged you to find a way to take care of a wee little bird in need of help. Next time you or your hubby finds a baby bird, you guys will know exactly what to do and build a safer box for him/her as well so nothing can harm it. I was looking forward to reading if he ever left you to rejoin the bird kingdom or decided to stay with you permanently.
@lilybug (21148)
I actually read I Love Him. He Loves Me. - Christopher's Story on your blog just a few minutes ago. I went searching for you posting about it afterwards. I remember reading your first few blog entries about him, so I went to look at your updates. How sad that he was found by the cat.
@saundyl (9690)
I'm so sorry you lost him! You wrote a beautiful story and I think it would make an awesome children's story.