Have you heard about Joomla? how do you know about it?

@Mythel (157)
I heard it from my brother but I am not really knowledgeable about it. Can you tell me about it? How to use it and what are the advantages of knowing how to use it?
@Cannonball (3635)
• France
It's the first time I hear about it and just had a look and it seems very nice! From what I got from the website in my country it seems to be a website editor something like it. Very interesting!
@Mythel (157)
yeah it is very interesting because in here you can make your own website easily unlike with other CMS. My brother is a senior web developer I just heard it from him but I am not really undrestand some terms he used as he told me.He was very busy at this moment that is why unstead of disturbing him I seek answers from here, so that I can relate with him when he tell me again about joomla.thank you once again..have a nice day!
• France
Do you know if it's possible to make your own website adress with it? I mean for free...
Joomla is a cms. Means a content management system. It is a way of managing a website from frontend. i.e. the webmaster just logs in from the website itself. Then either writes articles and makes changes to a website. You can check out my site www.satapathy.net which a set up 3-4 days back. It is driven by Wordpress. Now Joomla is a fully functional cms which is opensource and free to use. Apart from blogging it supports all the functionalities that you see in any portal say yahoo.com. This is a modular cms. Modular means you can add say gallery module to display images on your site. There are plenty of modules available on the net. One of the commonest problem of cms is duplicate content. e.g. You take the example of my website www.satapathy.net Now you know I have just set it up just 3-4 days back, but try this site on www.copyscape.com You will find sites that have similar content with my site. Now if you will carefully see you will find that the duplicate content is the one that came default with the theme template. Now that makes your site go down on search engines. So in very brief this is about Joomla. And yes Joomla 1.5 is out. And it got the first prize in opensource cms category recently. I hope this is the response you were looking to get.
@Mythel (157)
Thanks oriyadoctor! You've got it. Thanks for sharing your ideas about Joomla. I'm really interested with this. You have given me such a nice idea and also you have broaden my knowledge about joomla. Maybe this week I will already use Joomla for making my own website.
• Poland
I think that you will find all answers under this link: http://www.joomla.org/content/view/12/26/ I hope it helps. Cheers and happy myloting.
@Mythel (157)
Thank you for that response. The link you have given me helps a lot! Thank you! Happy Myloting too.u