shopping thru credit / debit card or in cash?

@juhi06 (1850)
you prefer to buy in cash or thru debit /credit card? i always buy in cash. it saves me from a lot of trouble. and i am able to bargain and save some money.how do you prefer to shop?
@Elixiress (3893)
I use my debit card as I can look at all my purchases on my online banking, it also stops me making as many purchases, because if I use cash then it is gone and I don't really miss it, whereas I can see the purchases I have made on my online banking, so bad purchasing decisions bother me more. I don't have any credit cards as I am not yet 18, but as soon as I am then I am going to get a cash back credit card as it will save me money.
@juhi06 (1850)
hi elixiress. how are you? good to see you on my lot. great strategy to control your wasteful expenditure(if any), no worries credit cards will also follow with age.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Well, I hate carrying cash around unless it is just a small amount. Especially since when in just over the last week, I have somehow managed to loose over $50 somehow. So for the most part, I prefer using my Debit Card everytime I make a purchase somewhere. I usually keep good tabs on how much money is in there to make sure I never go over as well. I also have Credit Cards, but for the most part we try not to use them unless it is in Emergency, or like for something we really need but just do not have the Cash at the time we need to get the item.
@juhi06 (1850)
it is indeed a fovour to have received such a wonderful response from you.thanks for enlightening each one of us here with your rich experience.thanks very much again.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Thanks for choosing me as the Best response, and am wishing you the best, and hope these tips are of some help.
Hi Juhi I prefer to buy through cash but some times I use debit card. Using debit card is similar to cash for me. There will not be any interest to pay. I don't like and never advice any body to shop through credit card which always create problem.
@juhi06 (1850)
yes dear padma credit cards is a facility which comes when you dont have ready balance to pay and you wish to pay later .naturally it will have financial costs for some facility.
@wildplace (154)
Depends... In the supermarket I perfer the debit cards. Bargain hunting I take the real coins with me in my pocket.
@juhi06 (1850)
thanks wildplace for reponding to the discussion.
@bowtieguy (5931)
I usualy use my debit card for grocery and other little things or will use cash if I have it. For clothes and other more expensive things I will usualy just use one of my credit cards.
@juhi06 (1850)
ok thanks for responding to the discussion.
@Icyfairy (284)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
i like debit cards and paypal.no bills! thats the best part
@juhi06 (1850)
welcome icyfairy to mylot and to my discussion as well.very true and smart way of evading any charges!!!
@mialei23 (2386)
I prefer debit card than credit. It's hard to use credit cards, there's an interest and late penalties. It's convenient for me to use debit card because I have nothing to worry in billings.
@juhi06 (1850)
sure and intelligent dear mialei. credit should be used only when you are in an emergency and keep track of the billing cycle and pay before they can add penalties and interest to your account.