Grown woman poses as young boy on my space and sends hate mail to young girl!

This story is not new, and I dont know how much publicity it got, but I just heard about it today. A woman, who had a teenage daughter that had a falling out with a friend, made a myspace profile, saying she was a 15 yr old boy. She then proceeded to send harassing, hateful, cruel messages to this ex friend of her daughter, and the girl who was 13 comitted suicide. I can not tell you how ashamed I am of this woman. What a nasty, spiteful thing to do. Now if it was her daughter doing it, I could understand. I wouldnt agree with it, but it is childish behavior. They say they dont think criminal allegations will stick, but I hope they can find something that will punish her in some way. The other family can file a civil lawsuit, but money in my opinion is not the fitting punishment here. Did you hear about this story, and what do you think?
@theprogamer (10539)
I heard about it when it came up earlier in the year. Its understandable if you or others missed it though, plenty of news happens without too much coverage or notice.(or there is desensitizing in society regarding the topic). Even if it was the daughter doing it, its still a deplorable act. It doesn't matter if the daughter or the mother did it. The sad fact is, things like this happen and society rarely cares except when it reaches a tragic end. These things happen online and in real life, its disgusting.
Yes you are right bullying, is a big problem, and has been for many years. I think all children, will bully at one time or another, but others it is a way of life for them, and take it way too far. Adults seem to see it as a right of passage for children to have to go through, or think it is funny to see and watch. I think it is terrible, and no child should have to go through bullying just because.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I think she should be in trouble. That is so wrong. We are adults and should know better.
I agree. Violence and hatred seems to be so prevalant in these days.
@gxnfly (1147)
That was just so terrible!I think she should be punished,she should be put in jail and serve her sentence.But I'm not sure the the law can do justice to her.
Because there are really no laws governing the internet, there will probably be no criminal charges that will stick. I find that to be very sad.
Yeah I heard about this a while ago. I really don't know exactly when this happened but I heard about this here on mylot like a month ago I think. When I read this story I was disgusted at what this woman did. I mean I know mothers are supposed to protect their cubs and everything but to hurt another young girl while doing that is just wrong and disgusting especially since this girl killed herself after. If it was her daughter it would be more understandable but come on a grown woman?
It was on the news yesterday, because she plead not guilty, that was the first I heard of it. Yes parents are supposed to protect their children, but this young girl was doing nothing of the sort to the other girl. I think this parent went way too far, and was quite vengeful and vindictive.
Yeah, I heard about this one. What a sad sad story. I can't believe this would happen, and that an adult of either gender would that that to someone. That's absolutely disgusting!!
I hope she is totally ashamed, though she doesnt seem to think she did one single thing wrong.