How are you going to deal with rude people?

@Bebs08 (10691)
I am having a hard time dealing with rude people. they drives me nuts. I can't stand it sometimes, I feel sick of them. I want to go away when they start to do it. How are you dealing with this kind of people? I would like to hear your ideas.
Being that I have been in retail sales for over 20 years I have learned to ignore the rudeness in people. But there always comes that one person that gets under your skin. At that point if I have a opportunity I just walk away. If I can't I do my best to advise them that I felt them rude and move on from there. If I'm driving I just smile at them and yell out loud to myself. It's just venting.
@Bebs08 (10691)
yes, I can understand that feeling. I was into selling books before knocking the doors of people and some will slam the door in front of your face. It is very embarrassing and humiliating I feel bad about people who are that rude. Some people would just shrug their shoulders and said, they are busy and they don't want to be disturb. Well, hard to deal with. thanks for the reply.
@TheDevil (840)
I too have a difficult times dealing with these kind of people...where are all the manners gone...I most of the times turn a deaf ear towards them ...But there are times where i just can't keep my mouth shut ..I don't know how to deal..if i walk away from them my conscience hunts me down feeling i should have given them nicely ..there has been instances where the non - verbal communication help you ...showing the middle finger ...but not always....
@Bebs08 (10691)
I agree,, non verbal communication might work.. I just do hope because there are some who refuse to understand the other people's feelings. thanks for the reply.
First question,ask yourself "do you need to associate yourself with these people"? If yes, the path becomes more complicated. First you must be assertive, and verbalise to the "person" how there words and actions are inapporiate. More then likely this will fall on deaf ears. But there is a small chance that they simply do not realise what there doing. "Let's face it sometimes we all need to be put in check." After verbalising your feelings on the situation there is little else that can be done. I find myself in this postion regularly and there is no hopes for the activity to stop. I have tried regularly. This is where you have to take it with a grain of salt, and silence them out. Rude people will always exsist, and as bitter as it may seem sometimes if they really step out of line you need to let them have it. Only you know the circumstances to your situation, best of luck to you.
@Bebs08 (10691)
right!! thanks for the reply.
@spoiled311 (5502)
hi bebs! i have had my share of experiences with rude people. even if i am nice, there are still people who frown or just don't talk back nicely. there are those who just simply ignore me. what i think of is that, maybe these people just have problems of their own and i don't have the right to judge them, or their actions. with this thought, it makes me feel better about people, especially those that i dont know personally. if i know them personally, i just think that the other person has a different personality than me. changing my attitudes about other people has helped me a lot. after all, i will not really gain anything if i feel bad or get irritated with them. but if i can't really stand them, i just take a deep breath and turn around and walk away. i try to avoid the exchange of bad words at all cost. hehe hope this helps you. Good day and God bless you! :)
@Bebs08 (10691)
yes you are right!! you can not please all people all time.Even if you are nice there are still rude people whom you come in contact with.
@landi927 (657)
I would keep silent and do nothing to them. Coz i don't want to make myself as rude as them. I would like to ignore what they are doing and walk away.
@Bebs08 (10691)
good fr you you can tolerate them.. thanks for sharing.
@diansinta (7554)
Hi there bebs08, Rude and sick people always been around in any place of world just mix like salad. I avoid them as possible as i can. But of course there are situations that can't be denied we have to deal with this people. But when you do, we have to prepare worlds that can brake them off. We have to be smarter then they are.You know whar i mean ? Hug'n'kiss dian
@Bebs08 (10691)
I think you are right....thanks for sharing.
@Amber4106 (541)
There is no way to deal with them, just grin and bare it....I used to work as a clerk and had to deal with some pretty harsh people. I'm not really what you would call a "people person" so it was really hard for me not to say something when they were screaming at me for a mistake that I or one of my co-workers made. I learned to just keep a pleasant face and reassure them that it is not the end of the world. :)
@Bebs08 (10691)
I think you;re right!! thanks for sharing.