spoiled spouses

How many of you have actually spoiled your spouse to the point that they can't live without you for a week let alone two weeks?? I've done it!! I get up every morning and give him his coffee (I don't even drink the stuff!) I press his clothes while he takes a shower. I make his lunch and take him to work. I fix dinner and make his plate. I make sure I get his alcohol for the weekend and enough cigarrettes to last two weeks at a time. Now, I have the opportunity to go visit my mother for 2 weeks-she bought tickets for me and the kids-he's acting like a spoiled 2 yr old instead of a 40 yr old man!!!! The closer the departure date gets, the more spoiled he acts! It's not like he'll be totally on his own, we live near family that has already told me that they'd feed him when he's at their place drinking and several of our friends have said they'd come to the house and hang out with him. Yet, he still makes comments about how I don't love him enough or care enough for him because I'm going, or that it must be nice to have parents to spoil me (this is the 1st time my mom has paid my way to see her in 20 yrs!) my parents aren't all that well off, this is my first trip home in 5yrs. I'm going out of my mind trying to remind myself that overall he's just upset that he wasn't able to go since we used his vacation time to visit his sister in another city. Any suggestions on how to cope with this behaviour?
@leeluo (51)
I know this feeling very well. I had to go out of town for a conference and he did not know what to do with himself for 5 days. I came home and I think he did not eat anything the whole time I was gone, he was starving and wanted a meal right when I walked in the door. I asked hime why he didn't order carry out and he stated "Oh I didn't think of that" OMG.....what have I done to the poor man....
It just goes to show how they need you, how they love you, and how they're so damn useless without you!(^^,)
I hope he gets over it. It's great that you do so much for him, and it does sound like he appreciates what you're doing, which is really nice. I hope he's joking, and he'll probably have a blast while you're gone and he's hanging out with his buds, watching TV as loudly as he wants, and not having to take a shower every day. My guy is spoiled and hates when I have to go on trips and the like, but he handles it. He lived alone before I moved in, so I know he knows how to keep things going. I do make sure all of the laundry is done before I leave and that there's plenty of food made up that he can heat out of the freezer. Enjoy your trip home! Your hubby will figure things out, and he'll probably kiss your feet when you come home and start taking such excellent care of him again.