The Town of Whitney in England

@avidwhit (1492)
Mexico
This ones for Ellie D. or anyone else who may know. Has anyone everheard of the town in England called Whitney? If so do have any ideas on how It recieved its Name? Have any historical facts on this town or area I found a bit in the wikipieda but not much. How are the people there? Or know of any other towms in the UK with that name or people?
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi David, The Whitney I am aware of is a small rural village in the county of Somerset not far from the main route into the West Country of the A303. Other than that I don't know too much I am afraid but will try to look up some information for you and forward. I believe there is also a Whitney in Herefordshire too on the river Wye. Lets hope someone else have a bit more information for you though. Ellie :D
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Ellie, Is this small rural vllage named Whitney in the county of Somerset? Just so I undersstand correctly! How many people live in this village do you think? This one Herefordshire is the one wikipidia mentions. What can you tell me about the village? Are they known for anything particular? is Herefordshire a state or county do you know? Thanks its nice to here a familar name from someone who lives on the soil. sincerely D
@ellie333 (21029)
aerial view of Whitney Village in Somerset UK - aerial view of Whitney village in Somerset UK
Hi David, Thanks again for the best response. I believe your family name comes from the other Whitney rather than the Somerset one, have found an aeriel picture but can't find any further information at this time. Ellie:D
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Thanks for keeping your ears and eyes pealed! You being there the odds of coming across something are better than mmine here in spanglish landia. Have a great week! :)