Do you use many applications at the same time?

France
Isn't it a bit harmful for the computer? I mean for example several webpages+ a messenger+ a peer to peer program etc...
well before i got a crappy dell i had a gateway and i would have several browsers up, word, aim, yahoo messanger, photoshop, and be sorting through pictures etc.. now on my crappy dell im lucky to have one browser up with 5 tabs and yahoo instant messanger and word.. after that my pc just flips me off lol
I sometimes do that,but not too often.I think it will not do harm to the computer,just influences the running speed of some programmes.However,you need a computer with better hardwares such as CPU or RAM.In additon,you should install a credible anti-virus softwall and trash profiles handling tools,of course.
• France
Computers are more and more performant but I'm not sure about the way we could use it. Maybe different computers was made to be used in different ways.
@momalisa65 (1744)
Yea, I do several things at one time. I sometimes have all the things you mentioned open at once. Plus my Incredmail email program which is always open. Sometimes it gets slow and things get stuck, but not usually.
• France
@nupats (3564)
i have this habit of opening too many windows and sometmes my PC hangs..i dont think it is good for the computer bcoz then i have to restart it and it can even end up in corrupting some files and programs..
@pterion (419)
Restarting is bad for the comp....the circuit board contains soldered components and each time it restarts, the hot parts cool down and contract and when switched on again it expands due to heating thus making it brittle...take care of that.
I'm not a computer expert but I don't see how it could be harmful. It might be taxing for the computer. I like to have several things running at the same time. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting as much time.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
i hawe a lot of application run and my computer works well with all of them, mostly i have run my favorite football manager game and some other programs like corel draw 12 and some other easy to run programs like word the only bad part is my bad internet connection speed becouse i open a lot of windows to surf but my speed is low and cannot open them quick as i can search for new one
• France
I don't like having a slow connection
@pterion (419)
I dont think that using many applications at once is bad for your computer...after all thats why the computer is the most famous gadget of all the human inventions, the multitasking capability. I switch on the pctv(on mute), then run winamp for music, connect to the internet to do stuff like myLot or go video hunting on youtube or blogtripping..its all in the wrists..LOL.
@eoeoeo (125)
Not exactly harmful, It will slow down your computer alot, and your temporary files will accumulate like a madman. Repeated strain on your computer is bound to cause issues one way or another.
• Cyprus
not at all...as long as your pc has the required specs you can open as many programs as your pc can run! i often have 5-7 programs running the same time
@ferdzNK (3214)
Using multiple program cannot harm you computer but it will slow you down if you don't have enough resources like RAM, connection speed and bandwidth. P2P can slow my browsing if I wont limit its transfer bandwidth. But without P2P, multiple tab browsing + YM + photoshop + explorer + calculator + outlook express + AV + firewall is the regular load of my desktop.