is it my meds or my boarderline personality disorder?

i thought that the new meds that i have taken lately is the cause for my severe forgetfulness but my shrink says it could be my boarderline personality disorder making me block things out since i have been really under stress.. so what do you guys think that their forgetfulness is from?? meds?? trauma in the past?
@Ravenladyj (22992)
I'm borderline myself and tend to be forgetful these days...for the past couple yrs actually but its only short term that I have trouble with and I know that for me its due to stress...that and the fact that i just can't shut my mind off or even slow it down and when I stress it gets even worse....BUT there is HUGE voids in my life/memory and those are from trauma..definate blocking when it comes to that stuff..
i wish i could chose what to forget since i am forgetting the ok stuff and the bad stuff is haunting.. i need to like have a menu so i can erase some people from my past haha and events... with my other health probs forgetfulness comes with it so i figured it was the other when ever i was forgetful but these were huge blocks out of every day it was nuts!!
I don't believe that it is a personality disorder. My therapist tells me that the mind is a very powerful and smart organ. If you are trying to live a better life, then the mind would purposely put thoughts and memories to the back of the mind. You didn't forget anything, it's just your mind doesn't want you to recall these things. I was feeling the same way. My doctor put me on Adderall XR to keep me focused and motivated. It really helps. My therapist then helps me to take control of those things that I put aside as nothing. Now I know that as I get better then the things I felt I had forgotten will come back slowly. This way I work through stress and traumatic experiences one at a time without going overboard. You will be fine. Posting on here is a good step to helping.
what would piss me off is that the things i would remember would be like flash backs of negative things in my past.. which i couldnt figure out that why i would block out good things and remember bad.. you would think it would be vice versa.. i wish i was back on adderall but my bipolar would react with it and i wouldnt sleep
I think it has something to do with coping. I'm not sure. I'm on adderall and I have the same things happen to me. My therapist says that it helps me cope with the bad things that I'm going through now. My mind is trying to show me that I can over come negative things that happen just as I did before. I'm sure you will be just fine. Look at them in a positive way.