did you belong to a high school clique?

@allamgirl (2145)
during high school, were you a jock? cheerleader? drama club member? nerd? geek? punk? rebel?
@metschica25 (5409)
I have no idea what I was and I don't think I was just one thing. I was a bit of a dork I suppose because I was in band and that is the name you will get . I was in drama club and people in that were anything but cool .I Also was a reader and a writer . A bit goth and girly girl in one . I am still wondering what people thought of me . I suppose unique !
We are so alike except that I wasn't a girly girl I was more of a tomboy. You wouldn't catch me wearing dresses or skirts or anything like that. But was in the drama club too and also a reader and writer. ^_^
I actually don't know. I mean I hanged out with everyone and I fit into some of those cliques that you mentioned. I was a drama club member and I was part of Chorus and Dance. I was a nerd/geek and got really good grades. I was always focused on my studies. And most of my friends and I were punk. I was also into hip hop and stuff like that. So you could say that I have all these different personalities that came out once in a while. ^_^
In my school many people didnt care about names and would just hang with anyone , but then you did have the popular girls who thought they were everything . My one friend joined that group and left me in the wind . I rather liked all the creative minds.
I was a member in every orgs there is, except in the dance troop I attempted to but it just didn't work.
@MH4444 (2161)
I thought that that stuff was ridiculous. I had friends from all walks of life. I grew up internationally; so that probably helped my personal perspective. Some of my friends tried to get me to pick a side; but I was having nothing to do with that rubbish. I also dressed according to what I liked. I did not care if it was in. I did what felt right for me. As far as music and the like: I was into punk a bit. I actually liked many types of music though. Depends on the situation.
@liquorice (3902)
I think out of the things on your list I probably came closest to being a nerd or a geek, but in those days it wasn't cool to be nerdy or geeky as it seems to be now, so there weren't enough of us to form a clique! In fact being geeky kind of kept me outside of the cliques, lol! We didn't really have many of the categories you describe as most of those things didn't really exist in Britain when I was at school. I suppose we had a big group of people who were really cool and popular and within that there were a few goths. Although I had some empathy with the goths, I wasn't cool enough to be in the big group. Ah, that sounds really sad now, but I'm glad I didn't sell my soul to be something I wasn't. I'm grateful that I wasn't a sheep and I stayed true to myself . And since then I have met some fellow nerds and happily there are some people who now appreciate my nerdiness!!