Wake me with a kiss, and then...................

Tonight I have to go to a place called American Sleep Medicine and have a sleep study done. I've been a bad sleeper for eons and my rheumatologists have been after me to do this for 2 years now. I've put it off all this time, but they've got me backed into a corner now and I've got to do it. So, it's set up for tonight. I'll be in a nice little room with a large tempurpedic (oh heaven) bed, my own bath and shower, and cable TV with all of my premium channels, so it's not really that bad, but I'll be ALONE, no cats, no hubby, no nothin. Just my book and my teddy bear, which I'm bringing with me to cuddle - a poor substitute for my cats, but it'll do. Plus, I'll have to actually wear something to sleep in, which I never do, but I'll be being watched, for gods sake, through infra-red night vision cameras and I don't really want to be thrashing about naked, if you know what I mean. I'll also be hooked up with about a thousand wires, yuck. What I need from you is this: something to think about, some fantasies to entertain myself with, to play about the fields of this gutter brain of mine. I need some smut ideas, please. Anyone out there have a fantasy for me? I want ideas, people! Sleep institute, hidden technicians, all alone, nothing but my teddy bear, oh what shall I do?
@myklj999 (18206)
" I don't really want to be thrashing about naked" You just took all the fun out of it! Although I suppose all the wires would get in the way... Let me think about this for a little bit and I'll get back to you.
Oh honey, I think you can put the fun right back into it, thrashing or no. So I'm waiting. Think. Come back. Yes.
Ooooh, I just saw your tag! I like it!!! Visuals, visuals......
I like the idea of you directing your thoughts toward me tonight, myklj, please do. And it's ok if you don't add any fantasies to the bunch- like you said, maybe you have some kind of block there, hmmm, I wonder how we might loosen that up a bit. I guess you could start by thinking of the things you woudn't want to write here, then try to write them somewhere else, no, sorry, that isn't what I was thinking at all..........
• Regina, Saskatchewan
No Playboy Channel on the TV? LOL Here's an idea. Print out all your favorite stories from P1ke, his blog, some of threads here (you know - like the ones about shoes! LOL) and put them together in a folder. Take it with you and read them over and over before you go to sleep! I guarantee that you'll dream! About bobs, and pubs, and shoes and silken curves and you'll thrash and laugh and moan and groan and throughly entertain the people watching you! You'll be a sensation! Researchers will want to watch you and research you and try to 'pin down' how your subconscious works. Of course, they may never let you leave ..........ROFL
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Katesmama - trust me he's that good. I've been writing and reading great writers all my life. I WISH I had half of P1ke's talent. So yes, get linked to him. He, like most writer's has little belief in his talent, so do encourage him. He deserves to be published. And with our sexy, sweet inspiring nova as his muse, how can he lose? lol
That's a fabulous idea and if I had a printer, I'd do it! But them pinning down my subconscious and how it works? Ha! What a feat that would be!! But I don't think they'll want to keep me, somehow. I think they'll boot me right out of there. And then give my husband a medal or something for having the courage to sleep with me at all. I'm a rather active sleeper, let's say. Poor Stu,he's gotten pinched, smacked, kicked, and generally knocked about for the past 12 years, yet still he sleeps with me! But bobs, pubs, silken curves, and red shoes, mmm, that's a very good idea for a fantasy right there, darlin. Let's see - we take the BOB to the pub, someone touches our silken curves, the red shoes are flashed at the end of these gorgeous gams, and my o my, I can feel that hand now, running up from my shoes to my thigh and beyond, to, yes, there, there where eden is, that lush garden, that tropical delight, where untold glories lie........
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well sh*t! You don't have a printer? For shame woman! We will have to take up a mylot collection and get you one! As for keeping fantasies in your head for dreaming while you sleep - holy cow nova, I really don't think you need a lot of help there! ROFL So how about this - read everything you can today, take some notes and go over them while you're wired up. That fertile brain of yours will fill in the details no sweat! Wish I could be there to watch! ROFL
@sylvia13 (1851)
• Nelson Bay, Australia
My 16 year old daughter had to do something like that a few months ago and she did not mind it that much. As far as some ideas to think about, I would recommend that you think about the sea and some breaking waves on the shore. Touch the sand and feel the temperature of the water too. Listen to the waves coming and going and let that sound put you in some sort of trance that sends you to sleep. Soon a new day will come, good morning!
Hi sylvia, nice to see you here. Thank you for that lovely picture you've given me, with the sea, the sand, the waves, and touching them, feeling their warmth, what a beautiful thought. And yes, a trance is what I'm going to need too - I have terrible trouble sleeping away from home. I think my only saving grace is going to be the Tempurpedic bed. I can't wait to try it out! I've got a memory foam bed here at home, but I've always wanted to sleep on one of those Tempurpedic ones. I'll let you all know how it felt!
@sylvia13 (1851)
• Nelson Bay, Australia
I do hope you get a good night sleep tonight! I had never heard of those beds before, but I bet they are good when they have them in those sleep places! Listen to the waves...
Sounds like a vacation to me :))) Nova Darlin, I am not sure I can conjure anything more fantastical for you than your own mind can come up with... Here is one of my Love letters... Use the words and just insert face and name to suit your needs Nova Darlin! My Darling, With dysphonic heart, I concede distance now separates our mortal bodies from touching, so it is my lover's plea that you dream...with me and of me. When, after an arduous day, your weary body rests, allow your sleeping mind to reach out through the black, velvet sanctuary of night, to pull me close to you, enfolding me securely within your powerful embrace. Then, allow your slumbering spirit to dance with mine, just the two of us, slowly twirling and swirling about the universe on the soft, black velvet of night, amidst the shimmering light of the heaven's stars. My love, the only music necessary for our dreaming dance of passion will be the sounds of our thundering hearts as they beat in perfect unison, combining with the melodious sound of our lover's secret whispers. In your dream, feel the warmth of my breath upon your neck as I lay my head upon your shoulder, and you pull me closer and closer, until our bodies ultimately entwine until there is no you and no me, just us, a singular united life force overflowing with passion so ardent its strength can overcome nature's obstacles that lay between us, the seemingly endless miles; the lofty mountains crowned with snow; the sheltering, lush green valleys; unquenched desert sands, and determined rivers coursing their ribboned paths to unite with the dark, immeasurable fathoms of the powerful sea. Darling, until our mortal bodies can be united, do continue to dream with me. Until our eagerly anticipated reunion of flesh and blood occurs, whenever night falls, when the sun bows her brilliant head to the cool light of the moon's, if we dream together, our spirits shall unite in our intimate dream dance amidst the stars on the soft, black velvet of night. Loving you always I miss you sweets, can't wait to hear how your night went... Me loves you Nova Darlin.
plucktear, Thank you :)))) that one is mild you should read the one I have posted in my blog :))) That one still makes my husband sweat! As was the affect I desired!
If you have been married as long as we have you must do something to ummmm "wet the appetite" so to speak right? LMAO
Angel, my sweet sister. First, I miss you too and you've been on my mind a lot lately. I'll bet you've been thinking of me too - I think we can feel each other, really, I'm not kidding. Sometimes you just crop up in my thoughts, out of the proverbial blue, and I think, squinting my eyes up, "hmm, what's she doing now, why's she here" but I know that whatever you're doing, you're sending something out to me, conscious or not. It must happen to you too, I'm sure of it. It's just weird, you and me. Second, your letter! Wow, Angelwhispers, keeper of the lost art of letters, of love letters. Such passion, Angel, I can feel my own fingers reaching out and trying to grasp the missing lover across the miles, to draw him near to me, my nails in his skin, crushed against me. See? Told you. You are an artist, my dear. I didn't see this beautiful letter until just now, but no matter when, it's a gift that I'll always keep within me. Thank you, Angel. Wow. Me loves YOU, Angel darlin.
@skinnychick (6907)
Sneak in the mini bullet?? LOL It's quiet!
No mini-bullet. Still haven't replaced the one that Nova chewed the cord of. D'oh!!!
Ouch that hurts!!! Let me try to think of something else.
@polachicago (19073)
I have to agree about tempurpedic bed. I have it and I am very happy. I don't think your sleep study will give you instant result, but I wish you to have good luck. There are so many factors for good sleep. I know many people who end up with depression because they couldn't sleep at night. There are so many factors for good night sleep and it is so hard to find the main reason for your sleepless nights. Hope they will able to help you...
Oh pola, I envy you - I have a memory foam mattress but it's not a Tempurpedic. I loved the bed at the sleep center it was wonderful - so I know how you must love yours. And you're right, sleep affects so many aspects of our lives, it's really so very important to sleep well, but I think that the majority of us don't sleep well at all, honestly. And like you said, it can cause depression, it can make you hurt all over, make you grumpy, foggy, all kinds of things. They'll find something, I'm sure and if there is something we can do to correct it, then that's what we'll do. But it just might be something I have to end up continuing to live with. But that's ok, I've lived this long, so I'm not too worried about the future. Thanks for your concern, pola, you're the sweetest person.
@polachicago (19073)
Nova, my mother always says that you are in your shoes or in your bed. We sleep for almost half of our life. HUGS
@mummymo (23707)
LOL I can't believe you aren't goong to go naked sweety - surely that in itself would inspire some fantasies! lol I really wanted to give you a good idea but my brain isn't working very well at all so I am afraid you shall just have to make do with hugs and my love! xxx
Mummy darling, coming from you, hugs and love are quite enough, thank you so much. I'm sorry your brain isn't working, though, are you ok? Is the pain muddling your brain? I know that sometimes it can. So I sincerely hope that's not it. I'll be leaving very soon now. I've got a few errands to run before I get on that train and then on the bus. It's a long ride - yuck. But Stu's given me his litte radio with earphones so I don't have to listen to all the crap that gets spewed forth on the bus, yay for him! Believe me, that will make a big difference. I'm nervous about this whole thing, to be honest, mummy. I've never been able to allow myself to sleep in what I consider 'public' - like on a bus or train, or plane, or at work, or anywhere like that. The vulnerability while sleeping and the private nature of it just makes it impossible for me to do that. So the thought of someone actually watching me sleep, really watching me, just thoroughly creeps me out. But now, all of you have been so wonderful and have given me lots of things to think about and distract myself with now and I'm really so grateful. This was a silly post, but not really, you know? It's like my avatar - not what it initially appears to be. Ok, mummy, I'm outta here. Please take care of yourself. I'll come on when I get home tomorrow and let you all know how it was. All the gory details. So, till then, hugs to you too, sweet mummy and kisses too. XXXOOO
@mummymo (23707)
Hey Supernova you will almost be there by now and I hope the nerves aren't too bad! I am sorry if I worried you - the pain isn't too bad - in fact it is much better than it has been for the last week I just feel kind of tired - you know? I always thought it would be harder to sleep at a sleep clinic as you know people are watching you and it must be very weird but I do hope all goes well with you. I will be looking forward to hearing from you to find out how things went! Skyp me if you feel up to it and please know I will be thinking of you all night long! Hugs xxxx
I put the response in the wrong MYLOT just check your LOOOOOOOOOOOOOng story when you finished your test.
No prob, honey, on my way.
@youdontsay (3503)
Don't worry, you probably won't get much sleep. I've been to sleep labs several times and, frankly, I don't know why they call them sleep labs. I sure don't get much sleep there! With wires stuck all over and attached to a box that's attached to the wall and goes into the control room and being alone in a strange bed with different sounds than home, it isn't very relaxing. And then if they interrupt you to ask you to turn over or to try a CPAP or whatever they expect you to go back to sleep? And, if you have to go to the bathroom in the night you have to ask them to help you take all your wires with you and then to hook you back up. Sleep lab? I don't think so.
Yeah, I didn't want to go, believe me - I'd been putting it off for the last 2 years! But my new rheumatologist insisted, really insisted, so I relented. It wasn't so bad, and I actually did sleep - great bed, Tempurpedic, so soft, so nice. And I didn't need a Cpap, cuz I don't have apnea, which I told them from the start - guess they just needed proof. It was really a harmless night, no big deal and my tech was the perfect person for the job too. I'll see the doctor about it on Tuesday and find out what they determined from the night. Maybe I can get some help, maybe I can't. But if I can, it will all have been very much worth it.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Oh Nova My Luv..I bet you are wishing Big Sis was there to hold your hand and tell you all is fine..now i know i'm not a substitute for hubby but i am a kitty and can lick and purr like the best of them..so if you haven't already gone to this place to show them how you sleep..then please dream of your family here who will keep you guessing from moment to moment and know that if i was there i would be lifting your jammies over your head to show your nekked bum..LOL..I bet anything you will forget where you are and start stripping..Heeeheeeee
When I started to undress and get into my "jammies", I stopped suddenly and looked up at the ceiling where the camera was. Then I went into the bathroom! I didn't know who might be watching, god, it was so weird.