Bush wants to lift 27 year ban on oil exploration in USA

This is the complete story on his proposals http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368221,00.html He wants congress to lift the ban, and allow states to decide if they want to drill for oil or not. I think this is at least a move in the right direction. As long as we are dependant on foreign oil, they have a great hold on us as a country. Do you think congress will cooperate? I cant imagine why they wouldnt, except for powerful lobbyists for environmental groups that have tons of money.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I do not believe that this go through. I don't think they will cooperate. I hope they do, but they are not in any hurry to do anything. I really pray I am wrong.
@cjgrooms (4456)
It would be a step in the right direction but it will never happen. Congress will do all they can to put a stop to it. What we need is to get rid of career politicians and put in real people that live in the same world as we do. Lobbyists should be outlawed and things should be looked at with common sense instead of an eye toward who will put the most money into their next campaign. Of course this to will never happen because lobbyist and special interest groups want people that they can control and they have the money to make sure they get it!