We did it!

Our new--OLD House! - Built in 1860!
@kareng (7980)
Do you guys remember my post of several months ago about "the old house"? Well the seller called us back because the home still hadn't sold with an offer we couldn't refuse. We signed a purchase agreement and have a deposit down on the house. We are waiting until July to finalize paperwork. I'm so excited...I love this old house. I hope I'm not disappointed once we finally get to move in!! Posting a picture for all the new comers:)
Weren't you going to have some driving issues if you got this house? I was thinking that you had quite a commute, but that could be another friend. I am glad that you are able to get such a nice house at a price you like. It must have been meant to be. Have fun with your move.
@kareng (7980)
Yep, but my husband decided it wouldn't be too bad leaving the State unit at his mothers house and taking it from there to work. It's a give and take situation. We both loved the house and thought it would be a great place to retire. I only have a couple more years before I retire so the driving won't be bad for a couple of years. Time flies as you get older..haha! We will also stay in current home during the week while we remodel to help with the commute since gas prices are so high.
You have planned it out carefully, and I think that is why you are going to be successful.
@kareng (7980)
I hope so! We have given it a lot of thought! Of course both sides of our family think we are crazy for moving away...haha.
@foxyfire33 (10009)
Oh Karen! You've just given me new hope that good things can happen to good people! I am so happy for you, I know you really wanted that house. I can't wait to hear more about it once you get moved in and learn more. It's a beautiful home!
@kareng (7980)
I'm not looking forward to two notes but we will just have to get on with remodeling this house so we can move it as soon as possible! I've been trying to clean out the kid's rooms...all three have moved out, well I now have one back home so it's been really fun trying to get them to take their stuff or else face it going to trash!
Congrats my friend. I like your house in that photo. Also i wish you good prosperous life in your new house. Home sweet home. Thanks.
@kareng (7980)
Thank you!
@Fishmomma (11504)
Congrats on buying the house. Its so great to own a house. You can make changes and not have to ask a landlord, if you can change it. The joy of walking around the house and knowing its yours. I'm so glad to hear your news.
@kareng (7980)
Thanks for your kind words!
That is so exciting! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you and your family. I replied to this post via an email so, I can't see the picture yet but I will see it once I hit submit and then I will comment on the picture. Good luck to you with your new house!
@kareng (7980)
Thank you, hon! We are excited!
Fantastic Karen. Congrats hon.
@kareng (7980)
Thank you!
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh wow..I most certainly do remember your discussion about this house...this is the old one built during the Civil War days wasn't it? Glad you finally got it!! Congrats!!
@kareng (7980)
Yes it is! Can't wait to start doing research on its history!
@melanie652 (2526)
That's great news! Congratulations! I hope your "new" house is everything you hope it is.....and more! :)
@kareng (7980)
I can't wait! We are going to try to stick with rustic and antique furniture!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
Kareng..looks like my type of house so if you change your mind..it mine..LOL... Congrats on getting it!
@kareng (7980)
It does promise to be peaceful. It's on 2 acres and the closest neighbor is a couple of miles down the road either way.