Does anybody pay any attention on the phone any more?

@writersedge (22579)
I answer calls from people who supposedly are calling to order products they see on tv or hear about on the radio. Instead, they are watching the tv or listening to the radio when they call, carry on conversations with family, etc. I can't even get their attention to pay attention to listen to what the offer is or what the product does. I have to tell them to turn down the tv or the radio. Sometimes that works and sometimes they turn them down, but stand right on top of them so the noise is worse. So when you call people, do you pay attention to them? When someone calls you, do they pay attention to you? Honestly, I'm not sure why people call.
Yes I pay attention on the phone. If the conversation is not interesting, I would end it immediately. I wouldn't just be there but not talking to the people, I feel that's rude and I would hate it when people do that to me. So I don't do that to anyone.
@writersedge (22579)
I'm glad you pay attention. Now if we could just get the rest some other people to pay attention, like the ones that call my job. . .. Thanks and take care.
@PearlGrace (3172)
Gosh, writersedge, it sounds very discouraging to hear that people are not paying attention during their own phone conversations! I mean, really, that's ridiculous. How annoying it must be to try to provide information to people when you cannot be sure whether they are paying attention. I sure hope I am attentive when I call people. And, it seems that the few people I do phone are focused on our conversations. Hope that continues. PearlGrace
@writersedge (22579)
Most of my friends and relatives pay attention, but my brother will call and be watching TV at the same time. He can't hear both so I don't know why he does it. He called me one time and I did the same to him. He didn't get it, so his girlfriend explained it to him. Take care
@ElicBxn (60894)
since I can't even pretend to hear the phone when any kind of electronics are on, I turn them off or mute them I hate it when i'm talking to someone and they don't because I get distracted.
@writersedge (22579)
I agree with you. Cell phones are hard enough to hear to begin with when they call me, added noise, forget it. I got really upset one day and they sent me home. Take care
@4ofmyown (1119)
I can honestly say that this is a huge pet-peeve of mine. It doesn't happen very often but if I am out and have to call home to speak to my husband, he is usually on the computer playing this baseball game he has. I can always tell if he is playing while I am talking to him. It drives me crazy...like you can't take a few minutes to talk to me. I have mentioned a few times but....if that is the worst thing I have to gripe about my husband then I am extremely lucky!
@writersedge (22579)
True, you're lucky if that's the only thing your husband does to drive you crazy. Immagine that all day long as a job. One place the kids were listening to a show about fire trucks, so I sirens blaring. The cell phone was cutting in and out. The woman was yelling at the kids, and then at me to hurry up, storm rolling in. But it would cut out during important information, so I had to make her repeat and it would cut out again, but she wanted me to hurry up and process the order. I had 5 hours of people calling to not listen to me yesterday. I thought I was going to go out of my mind. I went to the bathroom after that call, you should have seen my face, blood red, stuff like that really stresses me out and kills my rosacea.