i'm so frustrated at this!!!

@micpie94 (359)
Ok. Scholarships used to be for those students who achieved academically and athletically. I always see in the newspapers and on tv about scholarships for Hispanics and nobody's arguing. Scholarships for African Americans such as "The United Negro College Fund" Us caucasians aren't complaining. Im not a racist or anything, but what got me is that there are scholarships for whites and Hispanics and African Americans are complaining that it's discrimination. I'm like "You have your own scholarships. Hispanics only! Negroes only! Is that not discrimination? What is your take on this???
I belive deos peaple have nothng else to do and they want to do is B*** around at anything that they think is racist since they where raisd up that way.
@micpie94 (359)
U said it. lol. Thanks for answering my question/ comment. (:
@spalladino (17926)
There's a lot more discrimination in scholarship awards than you've mentioned in your post so let me add that there are scholarships that are only awarded to students in specific majors such as engineering or chemistry. There are scholarships that are only awarded to members of certain private clubs and groups, there are scholarships that are only awarded to students suffering from a specific disease or disorder. The next time someone complains about discrimination in awarding scholarships, remind them of these too.
@micpie94 (359)
Thanks for anwswering my question, and I will. (:(:(::):):)
@kishusia (1069)
Scholarships should be on the basis of excellence. But financial position of parents of deserving candidates should be given top consideration. Reservation based on caste or religion is bad. In India, this is very big problem. Outstanding candidates are left out of scholarships to accommodate reserved category students even if they have scored very badly.
Yep, I love that everyone always told me that because I got straight A's I would have no problem paying for school but when the time came I could not seem to find any scholarships for academics alone. Many scholarships take academics into account, but for some reason my grades were not enough, I needed to be a certain race or a member of some club or needed to have parents who did not get an education, that is fine if people want to give scholarships to certain people but can we have some academic scholarships too please?