Why are people so bad? Bullies

@elitess (5076)
Ipswich, England
When i was young i have had my own share of being bullied - they were asking for money. Fortunately they only choose me as a target a couple of times and i was never harmed but i have seen other children (when i was a child myself) getting beaten by these so called bullies. Have you ever been bullied when you were young ? What do you think about it ?
Well, i have never been physically or emotionalyy bullied, but yes, I have seen it happening tpo others which kind of saddens me a bit. I have always been an extrovert, an idealist and a pretty sarcastic person (even if I say so myself :P ) ... so bullies usually stayed away from me. But few of my good friends had to deal with it. They'd take their notes, their lunch, their money and their time. I used to question them why dont they do something about it .. to which they used to say they cannot. I dont really understand the 'cannot' just as yet .. but i am sure it doesnt feels nice to be bulied. As for why people bully .. i think its one of our basic human instincts. To be perceived as physically stronger, better, aggressive and/or 'alpha' ... If it gives more attention, false emotional satisfaction of being superior among the obvious materialistic gains... im sure no one with a loose moral frame of mind would do it. Doesnt makes it right .. and i think people should try and not let it happen to them .. but whenever i think about that, the images of my friends saying 'i cannot' come back. :/
Thanks a lot for the BR :)
@James72 (26832)
I was bullied too when I was younger. Thankfully though I started to grow out a bit and gained my confidence to be able to stand up to things like this and it stopped after the first 2 years of High School. Bullies are ultimately cowards. Insecure, confused and angry individuals that think that if they carry on in the manner that they do, then they can mask their true feelings and weaknesses. As far as I am concerned, the only way to deal with a bully if you are the child on the receiving end, is to put them on their butt. From a parental and educator angle, they need to get to the source of why the child doing the bullying has so many hang-ups and address them one by one.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello elites. I am so sorry that you had such an unhappy experience as a child. Well, I hate those bullies whenever and wherever, but I am lucky not to have been bullied by my classmates as a pupil and student. But I saw some of my classmates being bullied by the other bad boys by taking off his underwear in the classroom when I was in the fifth grade at the local primary school. I felt so bad and could not help.