Preventing Slips and Falls By the Pool

@Pigglies (9339)
What do you do to prevent slips and falls by the pool area? Our cement used to be nice and rough, so that as long as you were walking you would never slip. Now it has gotten more smooth. The other day I was walking very slowly, and still managed to fall and even managed to go down all of our steps. It was horrible. Luckily, I have a cushy tushie and managed to only hurt my finger which bent backwards, the rest of me was just fine. If walking slowly doesn't even help, what does? Redoing the cement really isn't an option.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
How about painting the concrete, and adding some sand for grit.
@Pigglies (9339)
That wouldn't really look nice where I live (nor could I actually do that). But I have been laying down towels while we're out there and that works. I never found the non-slip things at the Wal-Mart. But by laying down a towel it takes out the slippery-ness.
@ElicBxn (60895)
you might consider throwing down cheap rugs or towels Another thing is to look for a cheap bit of astro turf - maybe you can atleast put it in the high traffic areas.
@Pigglies (9339)
I could throw down towels before walking across the cement with wet feet, or one towel to dry everyone's feet first I suppose. There isn't really any way to put astro turf here.
@shymurl (2768)
they got these non slip items you can get at walmart or somewhere like that. I can't remember the exact name. you can put them in your tub as well, and on the steps of the pool as you go in, and around it on the cement. they also come in different designs, like fish, sea shells, and little feet. they are not that expensive and that should definately help out. good luck.
@Pigglies (9339)
Interesting, I've never seen those. I'll have to look for them. I have little non-slip frogs in my bathtub, but they're not the same thing because these are suction cup frogs so that they would only hold onto a tub. Plus, they're still slippery I guess, just less slippery than the tub. This calls for a trip to WalMart.