Do you feel safe on the streets of your neighbourhood?

Thinking about where you live and your local area. Do you feel safe all the time or in different time of the day? Do you feel safe during time day but not at night time or veceversa or you don't feel safe at anytime at all?Thanks in advance
@Ravenladyj (22937)
I've actually never been one to be afraid out on the streets but I also lived on the streets of Toronto when I was younger so its no wonder ya knwo
Wit crimes increasin like anythin.. You cant even believe you re safe in your own house these days I realy think so..Murders, robberies dunno wat all happenein so much these days
• Southend-On-Sea, England
No, I don't feel safe at all. I live in the south east of England, and have seen an enormous deterioration in people's behaviour over the last decade or so. Going back to when I was a teenager, a female friend and I used to go out and wander the streets, walking to and from places such as clubs, pubs etc. There were no gangs of feral youths hanging around on the streets behaving badly and intimidating other people not just with their behaviour, but simply their presence. Sadly things have got even worse and now I don't feel safe in the daytime, let alone at night. I don't know where we are headed with this problem in the UK but I hope a solution is found soon.
@mialei23 (2386)
No I don't feel secure. At this moment there's no one to trust but your self and your family. I don't feel like being friendly to people around in the neighborhood because I really don't know where they belong.It sounds weird but I learned from the people around, feel strange to those new neighborhood who just transfer from our place.
Yes I do feel safe walking at night but i am sometimes afraid that dogs might attack me.
@bagumbayan (2707)
Accident can happen any time of the day. I am more safe at daytime than at nightime. But I am still safe in the places I go. Thats why I usually dont stay late at night to be safe and sound.
@sweetdesign (5151)
Not now that I learned there was shooting friday night in our neighborhood and the shooter ran through the woods and exited out of the woods between my neighbors houses. This was at 9:30 at night barely even dark yet! I have to walk the dog around that time.
@williamjisir (22903)
It is safe on the streets of my neighbourhood. I don't have to worry about anything bad from happening, except the traffic. Thanks.
I feel pretty safe. I can walk around our local town by myself pretty comfortably. I would think twice before I did it at night but I don't feel like there is someone lurking all the time to hurt people or anything. There have been some things happen in town but those were pretty random and ages ago. I know it can happen anytime but I feel like the chances of it happening are pretty slim to none.
@kwenge (2493)
• Kenya
I cant walk alone at night in the streets because am always scared of darkness but during the day i can walk anywhere without getting insecure. These days you dont trust anyone because even a family member can harm you if you dont know them well. I have heard of a father raping his two year old daughter so no place is secure. I also dread walking in secluded place even if its in broad daylight.
@stephcjh (32327)
I do not feel safe here at all. We moved to the country ten years ago to a whole new county. We thought it would be peaceful here, but we were so wrong. We were burglarised in 1998 so we decided to move here. We have ADT now and I do not feel safe. The homes around me have been burglarised three time in the past three years. I guess I feel safer during the day here than I do at night, but here recenlty a string of homes have been burglarised in the daylight hours when kids are out of school and parents are at work.
@carolscash (9500)
The neighborhood that I live in is a fairly close community and there are a lot of middle aged married couples and older couples so I do feel fairly safe. Our neighbors watch out for each other and they watch our home when we aren't there. We have had some new neighbors move in that I am not sure that I like but I guess that I can get used to them. We will see how they do and see how they fit in with us. There are people out walking a lot and we know the neighbors on a first name basis so it makes a nice fairly safe area.
I feel very safe in my community despite day time or night, because local people here are naive and more friendly, the rate of crime around my neighborhood is extremely low.