have u ever been stucked up in a lift??

when the power fails..have u ever got urself stucked up inside the lift??i did once..i had just taken the lift from the 5th floor and then boommm power cut n i was in between the 3rd n 4th floor.Thanks to my room mates presence of mind tat she realisd i must be in between n rushed to call the security of the appartment and turned on the emergency generator n got me out of there ...it was an expereince i shud say...all dark inside, suffocating (tho for a short while) and my mind began to race for the next step id take as the alarm was not working either n the mobile network was nil...i was almost helpless have u ever expereinced anything like this and how did u feel
@AshleyHasan (1024)
Once I got stucked in a lift but for my surprise current has come with in 5 mts and lift started working, I pressed on Alaram button as well, by the time security has come to open the lift, the lift started working but I was afraid when the lift stopped at middle because I was alone in lift.
lucky you dint really have time to get tooo alarmed and afraid.good that alarm button was working as well
@zeroflashx2 (2491)
It was about a 8 months ago, me and my friend was about to go down our office building to take a break. We came from the 7th floor and it stopped between 4th and 5th floor. It was scary. That was the first time I got stuck inside an elevator. Apparently, electricity went down for a bit and it was around 5 minutes before electricity went back up again. While we were stuck though. The funny thing is that we were all scared (there were around 10 of us inside) and almost every one of us opened our cellphones and it became bright inside the lift. We laughed and it eased the situation a bit.
its nice that u all made good of the situation...instead of panicing..hav a great day
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,brownie!You have narrated your experience in side a lift when suddenly the power failed.Twice i was stuck up inside the lift.the first time it was for about ten minutes abd the second time for about thirty minutes.fortunately,both incidence had occurred during the winters,else our condition would have been more than worst.we were five in the lift.the operator was also with us.but what he can do.there was no alternative arrangements but to wait for return of power.thanx.
we are all lucky ones to be safely out from the lift..and ur case was a hopeless case with the operator stucked with you as well..hope it doesn happen again. Have a nice day
@leateagee (3667)
Wow! That is one scary experience. I have never been stucked in such situation. I was just imagining how would I react if I am the one stucked. I would probably be beating the door until somebody hears me. I am so glad that your friend cares for you. It is really good that we tell our close friends our whereabouts. So any minute that we are late...they will look for us. You are lucky to have a roommate who cares. Take care =)
yes leat...im really lucky to have such a caring room mate who cares and well sometimes pampers me too.have a nice day there
@shilpa_p (198)
I have been,several times.The first time was bad because i started getting paranoid and it was really suffocating.But now i'm not that scared since i'm kinda used to it.So this one time i got back from college and the power went off while i was in the elevator.I had coverage so i called my mom up and told her.She went to get the security guard to get me out as fast as she could.But when they opened up the door they found me sitting down and talking on the phone!While inside one of my friends called me so i told him i was stuck in the elevator so we had a good laugh about how it was the worst time to make conversation!But it was a funny experience.A good one.Always a wake up call for lazy people who don't ever use the stairs!But i lived up on the 6th floor so guess i had an excuse :) Take care!
you must be in india n i know how poor the maintenace are out here.but since u live in the 6th floor..im sure its difficult for u to be witout using a lift..good luck
At least three times! Eugh! It's probably the most uncomfortable, terrifying thing. I know that the likelihood of them plummeting to the ground is unlikely, but the claustrophobic conditions are enough to drive me absolutely mad. When the World Trade Center buildings were still standing, I was in an elevator going up and it got stuck between two floors. They ended up having to pull me and a couple of other people out because we was starting to go relatively bananas.
That must have been a terrible experience im sure.i think somebody(another OTIS) shud invent something which will prevent us all from getting stuck in the lifts
@mimico (3619)
This happened to me when I was about 5 years old! I even remember taking the elevator with my nanny to the dentist's office. I don't even like the see the dentist so when I got stuck in the elevator it was one of the worst horrors of my childhood. It took me a few more years to lose my fear of getting stuck in an elevator AND going to dentists. Thankfully, I've recovered from the incident now.
ya such incedents at an early age does leave a fear inside us.Im glad u have overcomed your fear.have a nice day
@Rikza1 (295)
• Finland
Yes I have gotten stuck in an elevator few times, and same elevator every time. At my last school, we weren't allowed to use the elevator, because it was only for teachers, and someone who cant use the stairs for some reason, but many students still used it like myself. So if someone went to the elevator, and then wanted somewhere and then someone somewhere else pressed a button, the elevator might have got stuck between 2 floors, unable to know where to go. Then you just had to wait there until the elevator starts moving again, sometimes it takes just few seconds sometimes minutes. I've gotten stuck there 3 times..Got detention once...
• Bangladesh
i feel very good if a beautiful girl with me in the lift.