Pregnancy Pact in Massachusetts high school.

@bonbon664 (3470)
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=601898 I found this story sooooo disturbing. These girls had a pact to get themselves pregnant, and have their babies around the same time. They were apparently planning showers etc. One girl was pregnant by a homeless man. She could end up with a lot more than a baby. Other girls were pregnant by boys in the school. Why in the world would teenage girls want to do this? They think it's a game. They think a baby is a play toy. We have to bring our girls up with more self respect to want to do more with their lives so young. Like go to university, travel the world, whatever. I think it's a really sad state of affairs.
@polachicago (19075)
It is not only disturbing, but they are as stupid as they can be. If stupidity can fly, they would fly as high as eagle. It may have something to do with popularity and have 5 minutes of fame. I am sure it is all over on the news. This is what they were looking for. Sad to say, poor babies are going to be born with no fathers and very young mothers without the future.... They will see real life after babies are born. Hope parents will help, because I feel so sorry for their babies.
I really feel bad for the girl's parents!
I feel bad for the babies too and wish them all the best.Just said and uncalled for.
@Gollywog (1092)
Well what a shocker with girls under 16 these boys should be worried? That is rape! These girls should be made an exsample of put them all in a hostel for there term of pregnancy it would be like Prison because that is where these lads will go? Then maybe others would not even think about doing this sort of thing! What is going to happen to these unwanted babies, these girls are to immature to be mothers? What do there parents think I would be horrified if my daughter played games like that! Sorry if I went on a bit but it is disgacful.
@bonbon664 (3470)
I agree, it's not something they should be proud of.
It's weird because I just heard this on the spanish news that they are going to give later like at 5:00pm. But it is disturbing and I don't really think it has anything to do at all with Jamie Lynn Spears or with Juno or with any other movie. This has been going on for a while. I'm in college right now and when I graduated from eight grade I knew of like three girls who were already pregnant. In high school there were a bunch of girls who were pregnant and it's like every other day I turned around and saw one more girl pregnant. We really shouldn't blame movies too much or Jamie. But I am really shocked at this to tell you the truth. To make a pact like that is crazy. And like you said they think babies are toys and they aren't they are human beings who need to be taken care off.
@dangaroo (234)
Strange stuff, I thought (maybe I'm wrong) that Massachusetts was a rich state as well.. this happens in most chav areas in the UK but without the pact, that's either because a child is a fashion accesory to them or a good reason to get extra money from the government!
@metschica25 (5407)
I saw this on the news the other day and was just shocked , what could be going through their minds. Do they not understand that this is a forever commitment and not a joke. This just is sad and this should be the furthest thing from their minds. It is not a game or a show off with friends having a baby ,There is no way they could care for a baby with a mind set like that . I don't understand how low one could value theirself to sleep with a homeless man or who ever just to have a baby. This is something you could not share with the baby when he or she would grow up . Just sad , real sad .
@momalisa65 (1977)
The people I cleaned for today told me about this! I couldn't believe it!!!!! I don't even want to follow your link and see or hear about it. I would just get more upset. But they told me the girls were young...like 15? Is that right? A baby isn't a game...It's like torment for the rest of your life!!!! (just kidding, I love my boys but it is hard work!!!) They must all have some mental problems or something! Who in the world would want to be a parent starting that young ON PURPOSE!!?? Surely some of their parents were strugging single parents and the girls could see what problems it would cause. I know I was a struggling single parent and I know my boys have learned a lot from that. They think it's the hardest job in the world to be a parent!
@ShellyB (5244)
I find that sad. I also wish girls had more self respect and self esteem too, their goals should have been to graduate and go to college or what kind of car they want to have vs this "plan pregnancy"
I, too, was disturbed by this news story. Basically, children having children that will more than likely end up in the foster care system because children should not be having children. Having worked in the child protection field, I've seen children as young as 12-years-old having babies, thinking that these babies will love them. What they find out later is that babies don't love their mommies, they demand attention and food and diaper changing and more food and attention and diaper changing. It is a sad state of affairs that this happened. What are the parents of these girls saying about the pregnancies? It's just sad.
@nancyrowina (3850)
It is sad many teenage girls seem to have so little ambition these days and just want a baby without even trying to pursue a career or anything. It is worry such a big group of girls made a pact like that, lets hope it doesn't spread.