Coffe intake, how many cups do you take each day?

@jpso138 (7844)
I love coffee. I have read that in some studies coffee is good and in some it may also cause some problems with health. But from what I understand coffee is good as long as it is taken in moderation. It increases circulation and somehow exercises the heart taking away fatty deposits in the hearts arteries. However coffe can cause health problems if taken to much considering that it stimulates the heart to pump faster and may end getting overworked. Thus, studies have advised that coffee should be taken in moderation and at an interval. As for me, I take 4 cups of coffee each day. How about you?
@liuqian (476)
Hi,jpso138.I'm not the type of person who loves coffee very much.So until now the coffee cups i have taken is calculated,three,or four....hehe...I know people like coffee have their reasons.It is good for fresh your mind,and full of energy.But after i drinked it at the nights when i prepared for my college entrance exams.I had planned to study until 2 or 3 o'clock.but after i drinked several cups,instead of keeping my study with more energy,i felt tired and fell asleep soon!lol. Coffee is bitter,even i add sugar into it.Now i don't drink it,maybe i will have a try in the future! Have a nice day!
@jpso138 (7844)
Have a nice day too! A lot of people are drinking coffee to keep them awake. Even I myself during college days drink coffee to study and prepare for exams. Now when I work and there are some things that needed to be finished even late at night I take more coffee than the usual. Well, its also not good not to have some rest, that is why we should not also take in coffee when our body is already asking it share of sleep and rest. Take care and thank you for the response.
@polachicago (19143)
I have between 3-4 cups of coffee per day. I don't drink coffee after 4 PM if I have to be up at 6 or 7AM the next day. I have 2 coffees at 7 or 8 AM, one coffee at 10 AM and one at about lunch time. In the afternoon or night I have just cup of tea and lots of water.
@jpso138 (7844)
Well sometimes I do the same as you in the morning. I sometimes drink coffee twice in the morning and one after lunch. Though in the evening or just arond 5 pm I have another cup. It seems that you find it hard to sleep when you drink coffee right? That is probably the reason why you don't drink after 4.
@agihcam (1916)
I take my 3 in 1 coffee every morning after bed then in the evening after meal 4 hours before going to bed.If our dinner was late,I did not take coffee,because I will be having problems with my sleep.
@jpso138 (7844)
I see, so basically that would mean two cup on the average each day. I usually drink coffee right as I wake up and same as you before I go to bed in the evening. I can still sleep even when I take it 1 hour before sleeping. I think coffee has a different effect on each person. Enjoy your coffee and take care.
@minnie_98214 (10574)
Well im one of few who does not drink coffee. I have never liked the taste of coffee no matter what flavors you add. No sugar or cream has helped either I just dont like it.
@jpso138 (7844)
Well, I think each one of us have our own tastes and likes. Perhaps you are more of a juice drinker. Regardless of what we take, the important thing is that we like it and enjoy taking it. Thanks and best to you!
@checapricorn (16072)
Hi jpso, I agree with you that too much intake is also hazardous to one's health..For me, I can handle 1 cup in the morning and another cup in the afternoon. But this time, I am trying to shift into tea but anytime I will miss the smell of coffee, I know I have always them in out Kitchen...LOL!
@jpso138 (7844)
I see, well, coffee can be addicting sometimes. As for me, I always start the day with coffee. And when I have something to do especially late at night, I have a cup of coffee to keep me awake. Best to you!
Hi there jpso, I apologize for my previous reply, I remembered I stopped posting it since I address you are Jhordie but to my surprise, it was posted successfully! Very very sorry!
To be frank I won't say I love coffee.But yes I do have atleast two cups of Coffee everyday.It has become more of a habit rather than a real taste for coffee.You have emulated some good effects of Coffee though I am not sure if they are true.What I have come to know is that Tea is better than Coffee even when both are compared when taken in moderation. I believe Coffee is not that good a beverage and it is best to limit one's intake.
@jpso138 (7844)
Thank you for the frank response. It is very much appreciated. I am sorry that I cannot point out anymore the source of what I have read on the beneficial effects of coffee. I have read it on a newspaper article. Anyway, I fully agree with you that we should have a limit on what we take in to our body. Practically everything in excess is bad. Tea also brings a lot of benfecial effects. Thanks for the response and best to you!
@gemini_rose (16194)
Oh gosh, I am the worst coffee drinker ever. I reckon I must have about 15 cups or more. No I am not kidding I am serious. I am actually surprised that I sleep at all. I have become worse as I have become older, I could never stand the taste of coffee as a child and even when I grew up. It is only in the last few years that my drinking of it has become more.
@jpso138 (7844)
I see. I hope you don't mind but I have read some articles that coffee if taken in excess is bad for health since it stimulates the heart to pump more. From what I have read, 4-6 cups of coffee a day is okay but 15 cups is somewhat to much. I do hope you will be able to control such intake. Take care and thanks for the response.
@golfproo (1841)
Hi THere, I must admit that I totally love coffee. I always start my day off at our local coffee shop and I have two extra large coffee. I usually do not have another coffee for the rest of the day after that. Actually, if I have a coffee after noon I cannot typically sleep at night. So in other words...I start with a lot of coffee, but then do not indulge again for quite a while! cheers,
@jpso138 (7844)
Cheers to you also. Well, as long as we enjoy what we do and feel comfortable about it. It seems that coffee has a lasting effect on you. In this case, it would be wise not to take it in the afternoon since it will deprive you of sleep. Do take care and best to you!
@dizzblnd (3073)
I too have seen the studies of which you were speaking. Have 4 cups of coffee a day REDUCES the risk of heart attack. To me.. that's pretty funny. If I drink that much coffee in a day I am jittery, bounce off the walls, heart races and I can't shut up.. how does that [b][/b][u][/u] REDUDE the risk of heart attack.. OH well.. I usually drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day and green tea and water the rest of the day.
@jpso138 (7844)
I think each and everyone of us have different reactions to foods and drinks. Perhaps coffee is to much for you. There are people who take a lot of coffee a day and still feel okay. But it seems that to you one would already be somewhat dangerous. Do take care and lighten up on your coffee.
@metschica25 (5409)
When I was younger I used to think how in the world can my parents drink coffee each morning .Now that is the first thing i will do when I wake up make some coffe and it will most times perk me up .Now I think it just may be an addiction . I even like the tate and enjoy my time sipping away while on the computer .I will have about 3 cups in the morning and maybe make another pot if the mood strikes me.I know my mom dont drink it often now because it is not good when you have stomach pains.
@jpso138 (7844)
I am also addicted to coffee. Basically it starts my day. But in the morning I take at least two cups and in the afternoon another two. The average is 4 then some cases I reach up to 6 cups. Its really addicting. Take care and lets enjoy our coffee!
@twallace (2675)
The moderation is right but I drink it just about everyday at least 2-6 cups most of the time more. Just about every morning a 12 cup pot I make. By the end of the day it's gone. This morning I didn't brew a pot but continuing the one from yesterday. I have seen the news talk about that it is good for you. But i can't remember if they said anything about if you drink to much of it. Have a good one.
@jpso138 (7844)
I practically drink almost the same as you. The important thing is to drink in moderation. Anything in excess will surely be bad for health. Best to you!
@mtsandeep (1586)
i don't have a habbit of taking coffee daily. i will have one when i like. I will not take more than 2 cups in a single day. taking too much coffee is actually not good to health.
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes you are right. Taking to much is not good regardless of what you take. Best of health to you!
@checapricorn (16072)
Hi there Jhordie, I also love coffee and agree with you that too much intake is hazardous to one's health....I can handle 1 cup in the morning and another in the afternoon...But this time, i tried to shift to tea but moment I will miss it, I have always in our Kitchen..LOL!
@jpso138 (7844)
Right you are. I have read an article that coffee can be good and it might also cause healt problems. The important thing is not to take to much to have the beneficial effects. Several studies indicated that 4-6 cups of coffee a day is not bad. But of course there are also people who cannot tolerate such amount. Even for some, 1 cup can alreay make their heart go wild. As in this case it would be wise to refrain from drinking coffee.
@vera5d (3958)
I was not a big coffee drinker when we left for vacataion a few weeks ago, but since I was down there with my mom I started drinking a lot more coffee than normal! My could easily drink a pot or 2 a day by herself! I would drink at least 2 or 3 cups just because it was there and her coffee is good! When we got back I have had some coffee, but nearly as much as I did when I was with her! I might drink 2 or 3 cups if I make a pot, though yesterday I didn't make any coffee at all! I think coffee is very addictive if you're not careful!
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes, I think coffee can be addicting. I was not a coffee drinker before. My coffee drinking was also influence by someone who drinks coffee. From there on, I have learned to love coffee and usually would always find time to drink coffee. Take care.
@lingli_78 (12852)
i didn't really a coffee fan and i can't really take coffee as i have a gastric and migrain... i prefer tea and i drink about 2 cups of milk tea in my office everyday... sometimes, i also drink hot chocolate... i just don't like the taste of coffee... i like the smell... but not the taste... take care and have a nice day...
@jpso138 (7844)
I see. I do agree with you there are really people that cannot tolerate some things. As in your caes, coffee is a big no for you. Tea is also good since it does carry a lot of beneficial effects. Take care and have a nice day likewise.
@SheliaLee (2738)
Hi There! I, like you, drink about four cups of coffee a day. I drink diet drinks during the day also with caffeine so I guess I go overboard but a lot of my medicine I have to take makes me sleepy so I drink extra caffeine to try to stay awake to get my work done during the day. I also get up fairly early each day so the caffeine from the coffee wears off pretty quickly.
@jpso138 (7844)
Probably its an overboard. But I do hope that you are fine and wish you the best. I am not in the position to ask what medicines you are taking but I'm wishing you the best of health. Do take care and enjoy your coffee and maybe perhaps a little friendly advise, maybe you should lighten up a bit on your caffeine intake. Take care!
@lyzabelle (1669)
I used to drink coffe a lot before...addicted to it. But i realized that it's the one causing my nervousness...like my hearts beating fast than normal. And I have a feeling of hunger afterwards i drink a cup of coffe...even though I just finish eating my meals...and that's really odd. That is why I'm not drinking it anymore...and I'm feeling better now that coffe is no longer included in my food intake. Maybe I'm allergic to coffe...
@jpso138 (7844)
I guess coffee has a greater or stronger effect on your system as compared to others. So I guess it would be wise not to drink coffee as in your case. With respect to drinking coffee after eating a meal, it would depend on the individual. So don't worry for me its not odd. I even do it myself. Do take care and I'm glad that you feel better.
@sissi320 (328)
I used to have more than 2 cups in a day before. But people told me coffee is not so good for lady, as it is bad for the skin,so I quit it. Now, I seldom drink coffee except I need something to inspire me very much.
@jpso138 (7844)
I see, I have heard about it too. But I really don't know if its true. Sometimes studies from different groups contradict. I have read some articles that coffee is also rich in antioxidant, even higher antioxidant than tea. But as long as you find improvement on your skin when you did not take coffee naymore then not drinking coffee would be good for you. I hope that you will find your inspiration. Take care!
I drink one or two cups a day. I "live" in a coffee shop. I get inexpensive wireless internet here, and it's not far from my house. I spend most of my time in here.
@jpso138 (7844)
I see. There are times that I do enjoy the coffee in a coffee shop since I can also use the wifi for free. There are several coffee shops in our area that offer free wifi connection when you order coffee. Just curious in your coffee shop in Canada, do people also order coffee to take advantage of the wifi internet connection?
@zeloguy (4915)
I am not a coffee drinker although my doctor says I should take in more caffine. I just never did drink it and never started. Thanks Zelo