If your fiance asked you to increase your life insurance-

and then make him the beneficiary, would you still marry him? This question stems from a news story I heard tonight. A man got married 5 yrs ago, and is being accused of murdering his wife on their honeymoon. He is a certified diver, and claims he panicked when he saw her unconscious on the ground, while diving. Then they found out he had asked his dead wife, a few months before they were married, to increase her already existing life insurance, and change him to the beneficiary. I am sorry but I dont think I would have married this man, after he asked me that. What possible reason would he do that for. How about you, wouldnt that have made you just a little suspicious?
@cjgrooms (4457)
I like to think that i have enough self-preservation to not only NOT increase it, i would drop it all together and see what he would do. It would not have made me a little suspicious it would have made me a LOT suspecious!
Thats what I say.
@rpegan (598)
No way! I wouldn't have married someone if they'd ask me to do that. He might as well have had a tattoo on his head that said, "By the way, I'm going to kill you on our honeymoon. Thanks for the cash!".
I agree. I definately would have had second thoughts, and probably not have gone through with it.
If my fiance had asked me to increase my life insurance he would have got the ring back, and I wouldve said, dont let the door hit your behind on the wayout. and do have a nice day." you are asking to be murdered for your money that way for sure.I would have been more than a little suspicous, I would have been a lot suspicous, and the engagement would be terminated atonce.
Thats what I say too.
@poohgal (6848)
Nah. Anyway, under my country's ruling, if a married person will to die, 100% of the estate of go to spouse. If they have kids, then 50% to spouse and 50% to kids. If the person is still single, then 100% goes to parents. The only way to go against this ruling is through a will. If a man will to ask me to make him beneficiary, the first thing I'll do is to make a will and make sure he gets nothing. It's ridiculous and saddening to see people killing each other for insurances proceeds.
It seems in America it is very easy to kill your spouse and get the insurance money. It seems to be a pretty popular scam here.
The response for that request would be two words, "For what?!?" I couldn't have married this man either. Anyone asking that question seems to be up to something, and it doesn't help that she was murdered (allegedly) five years later. I hope that the police are investigating that man thoroughly.