Gas or Electric?

@neelygal (1022)
Bahamas
DO you have a gas or electric dryer?I have an electric and can hardly afford to use it these days.Which do you think would be cheaper?Anyone want to buy my electric one?lol
@cream97 (29168)
I don't have a dryer right now.. This is something that I need though.. But I had one last year, and it was electric.. I like this better..
@cjgrooms (4456)
I have an electric dryer. I have been seriously thinking about putting up a clothes line outside to help lower the electric bill!
@neelygal (1022)
• Bahamas
That is what I was forced to do and it has helped to drop the electric bill alot.I only use my dryer now if it is raining or if I am really backed up with the washing and want to hurry up and get everything washed in one day.
@carolbee (16241)
We have always owned electric dryers. I have no idea if gas would be cheaper but I would be concerned about owning one. I am more comfortable using electric appliances. Our house was built in the 60's so the furnace, stove and oven are all gas. I've thought many times about converting all of them but haven't done it yet. Need to get an approximate cost to do the changes.
@underdogtoo (9599)
I live in the Philippines and I would not know what kind of dryer is being talked about here. Sorry for my ignorance.
I use electric one. I have not heard of any gas dryer. Electric dryers are hand and cheap as well. How about gas dryers?
@luvstochat (6914)
I have an electric dryer and I also have a clothesline in the yard. My electric bill has never been really bad so I am not worried about running the dryer if it ever gets to high I can just start using the clothesline.
I have an electric dryer and I already hang some laundry on the line or hang it up to dry. The electic bill is getting so high. My unemployment just ran out and I do not have a job so things are going to have be cut back so I guess I will be hanging clothes out on the line more.