Oh no, it's closed down!!!!

@liquorice (3901)
We just thought it would be really nice to have some Chinese takeaway tonight. We both really felt like it after a trying day with our 2 year old. There's a place that we like that's nearby and sometimes we eat in there and more often we get takeaway, and we always have the same dishes because we know that they're good. We've been going there for several years now. So tonight I'm phoning and phoning and there's no reply. And it turns out that they've closed down!! Soooo annoying. We'll have to find a new Chinese restaurant now. And how will we find another one that's so nice, and has such friendly people working there, one that we can rely on, lol? I just don't know :0( Have you ever been a regular at a restaurant or bar or somewhere else that's suddenly shut down? Did you find anywhere to replace it?
@inked4life (4227)
I hate when that happens. I had a favorite little coffee shop that I viited just about every day for the 2 years that it was open, but it too just recently closed its doors for good. I spoke to the owner and he said that as soon as gas hit $3 per gallon, their business ground to a standstill...the harsh reality of the current economic climate I'm afraid.
@liquorice (3901)
Ah, such a shame. It's often the little places that are hit the hardest by these increasing prices, rather than big chains. It's so annoying because when the little independent coffee shops/restaurants close down we lose some variety. The chains are all the same but the little outlets usually provide something unique and irreplacable. :( Let's hope things pick up again before too long...
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
Sorry my dear. But with the food crisis alot of these small business are going to closed down because they cannot continue to maintain it. The price of rice has gone sky high and most of the Chinese dishes has rice. Maybe you can find another one as nice as this one. All the best.
@liquorice (3901)
Yes, it's so sad that small business are hit the hardest. They provide something special. I'm sure you're right about Chinese restaurants being especially affected by the increase in rice prices. I'm hoping that when things pick up a bit the owner will decide to try again (I'm ever the optimist!) :0)
@momalisa65 (1985)
Awwww...That's terrible! I feel bad for you. I hate it when that happens. It never seems to taste the same anywhere else. We had a grocery store here that used to have a restaurant inside and we would go there every friday for fish and macaroni and cheese. They made the best fish and mac & cheese. It was different than anywhere else. I really loved it. I am remembering now what it tasted like and I want to go there again but it's gone!
@liquorice (3901)
Yes, it's true those dishes won't taste the same anywhere else! It's a shame your nice restaurant closed down too. I hope you find somewhere that also does something nice for your Friday meal. It won't be the same of course but maybe a different special Friday meal. :)
@KrauseHome (35522)
This can definately be annoying when it happens. I know you get your heart set on something, and you end up going there to find it has closed down, and then you have to wonder where you should end up trying next, and will it be to your satisfaction. But to me, what is more disheartining is when there is a place you really enjoy going and eating at that gets a New cook or something and you go there, and the Food is a lot worse than what you remember as well. And you end up spending quite a bit to leave dissastified as well. For me, that can be worse than if a place closed down with no notice.
@liquorice (3901)
Yes, I agree, that's annoying too, you tend to think that it would've been better if it had just closed down when that happens, at least that way you wouldn't be constantly reminded of how it used to be!! This happened to us too a few years ago. There was a lovely traditional Italian restaurant near to us, it was run by a sweet Italian family and we used to go there quite a lot and they got to know us a bit. Then some new owners took over and although it stayed Italian, they turned it into a real commercial place with big TVs for watching the football, it became really noisy and the food was much worse. It's not good at all when that happens.
This happened at a cafe that my huaband and I liked when we were in Sedona. It closed down, and there was no other really good place in the area that was open the hours that we could get there. I hated to see that happen.
@liquorice (3901)
Oh that's a shame, especially when it's also a matter of them having opening hours that you could make. It seems crazy sometimes when restaurants and cafes close too early, it seems like they'd get more custom if they had longer hours, although it's probably difficult sometimes to get enough staff for this. I hope you can find another good place that opens at the right time before too long :)
oh yes liquorice we used to go to Mei LIngs but they are closed so now go to the Chinese Palace which has some really good dishes there. so now it is our favorite place for chinese. I always order Moo gow chi pan and its always so good.