Change Of Plans - What would You Advise In the Following Situation?

@ellie333 (21029)
A deposit has been paid for a room in a house where there are to be 2 boys and 2 girls sharing and you are due to move in today but the girl who you are renting the room from rings to say that she has also moved her boyfriend in with her now three boys, 2 girls and he takes COCAINE, being very anti drugs, young and knowing no-one but you are due to start a job in the area tomorow just what would you advise this person to do? I have said to phone girl and say that you told her how anti drugs you were and you wouldn't feel happy sharing with someone who takes cocaine and that the whole dynamics of the house share has now changed so you would rather not move in but you may or may not have to forfeit deposit but to move in today you would have to pay whole amount and if he is really bad you are really stuck. Please share as soon as possible on one. Ellie :D
@CanadaGal (4304)
If I were in that predicament, I think I would continue with the move, but likely on a temporary basis. I wouldn't unpack everything, and would keep an eye open for another place to live. Of course, if things were working well at the first place, then staying would likely still be an option.
@ellie333 (21029)
That may be a possibility that she is doing this yes but even if she is I am pleased this person didn't move in and will settle elsewhere. The hotel is being paid for for her so there are no worries there. Ellie :D
@Tianna2 (1274)
I dont know how she is set for funding or if she has somewhere else to go but I would not move in there with all that is going on. I would eventually ask for the deposit back to but at the moment thats not of concern. If need be, she could stay in a motel, but only as a very temporary solution. I hope everything works out for the best! Hugs, Tianna
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi just to update you we have booked her into a hotel with a friend for now so that she won't feel so alone and isolated and the girl from the house has agreed to pay back the deposit. Ellie :D
@MH4444 (2161)
I'd go with loose the money and save your safety. I left a relationship to a person that I loved more than life itself because of substance abuse. Those people a freaking nuts.
@kerriannc (4281)
• Jamaica
Hello there Ellie, please don't continue with this arrangement. Seek back your money and see if you can get a more comfortable environment. This situation does not seem as healthy as it sound. All the best.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Thanks for advice but have pulled out and she is staying at a hotel for a couple of nights until she can sort something else. We are getting her deposit back as they had breached the original arrangement by allowing this fifth unsavoury character in. I am just thankful this was found out ahead of her fully moving in so that in itself is a bless eh! Ellie :D
@olivemai (4738)
I would have to do what was best! If I lose my deposit, where else can I do quickly, maybe it will take some time to work out the situation!
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Olivemai, we have booked her into a hotel for a couple of nights but she has now found somewhere else to stay thankfully. Ellie :D
@olivemai (4738)
That is good! I guess it is better to be safe than sorry!
@cupid74 (11394)
• Pakistan
Hi dear if situation is that worse, then i would definetly talk to land lord first, and if he cant help then i wont be moving in, as i am going to start my carrer and i dont want to get involved in such mess where i dont have piece of mind. and chances of Cops are also their Take care
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Cupid, no it was not worth the risk of moving in, I am just thankful that this was discovered before the move and not after. They did say they would pay deposit back but that has not happened but will take further action to retrieve this and meanwhile is in a hotel for a few days whilst finding somewhere else to live. Ellie :D
@subha12 (18453)
in this case, despite the money too, it will be great bothering if one still continue there. it will make the future really bad.Its better to forfeit the money. also make some arrangement to get it back.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Subha, they haven't moved in and are in a hotel until they can find somewhere else to stay, I am just thankful that it was found out before she moved in and not after really. Ellie :D
@loolets2 (106)
I would most definitely say it's not such a good idea. Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself, it's always best to be honest and direct with people. I've learned that the hard way. If no one tells them, they just might never get the hint.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Thanks for your advice, she has told them there is no way she is moving in now and has booked into a hotel temporarily until she can find somewhere else. Ellie :D