Was anyone else set up by this movie?

There was an absolute conspiracy among the women with this movie! I thought I was coming over to watch the usual chick-flick, no big deal, I'll just watch her while she balls a little and say, "It's okay baby, its just a movie. I'll hold you." Wrong! What I didn't know was that she had already seen it. She had already cried her tears, she was out for my tears! I love to watch movies and I get into the plot, its the only way to enjoy the movie. This movie I found particularly enthralling. I just didn't see it coming. With a title like "The Notebook." I never even heard about it when it hit the theaters, that is how covert this operation really was! To make a long story short, I balled uncontrollably for like an hour! I couldn't control it, it was like an emotional nuke! This movie has been banned from movie night indefinitely! I found out later that this was an entire operation, I was "Notebooked" and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it!
don't you mean up set by this movie?? lol...
No, I think he meant ......set up LOL
u must be a man 2 LOL
@palonghorn (5486)
It got to ya did it? That is a fantastic movie, his never ending devotion to her, the way it deals with alzheimer's. It was beautifully written and I love James Garner he is a great actor. I believe that that kind of devotion to your spouse or partner is a thing of a generation that stayed together no matter what, like that of my grandparents and parents. The relationships of today that have that kind of devotion are far and few between in a world where it's so easy to give up and get divorced and move on to someone else.
Agreed.
i laugh as i write this, that movie affected me the same way, it gets in your soul... you'll never be the same! Theres only one other movie that did this to me and its called Splender in the Grass its an oldie but a great movie.
@besthope44 (12145)
Well true a love story to feel the soul mate!