What kind of wedding band or set do you wear?

I have just a simple white gold wedding, band with 1/4 carat of diamonds, and it says I love you. My engagement ring, or rest of my wedding set, I change frequently, and wear whatever fancies me that day. I do not have a diamond engagement ring, as they are not my thing. I love colored gemstones, and either wear a round emerald, green labradorite, or blue apatite. I make my own jewelry, so variety is the spice of my life lol. What about you simple set, or real fancy?
@Wizzywig (7859)
I don't really wear rings at all.i can't wear them for work anyway.My wedding ring got too tight so I took it off years ago and have never got round to having it altered. Its not important to me - its not like I'm going to forget I got married.
I usually wear just my band to work, I dont want to scratch patients.
I agree, with the cross contamination thing. I usually take my ring off to have patient contact. Put it in my pocket. So many nurses and cna's wear tons of jewelry, and long fingernails. Those things were never ever allowed when i went to school, but i suppose that is another topic lol.
@Wizzywig (7859)
They are strict on the no jewellery, short nails, no nail polish and hair tied back if it's longer than collar length for all ward staff in our hospital.
The wedding bands that my husband and I have are large plan matching ones that used to belong to my parents, when they were still alive. They're the same thickness, and width. no "men's ring and women's ring" They have their names engraved on the inside, so we are going to engrave ours on he outside.
that is nice. My mom was married and divorced twice, and I have no idea what she did with her wedding jewelry. I never thought about it.
My wedding band is a very thin, plain white gold band. My engagement ring is antique styled, white gold, round diamond in a square setting with four small diamonds flanking either side. The diamonds are .6 carat total. I absolutely love how they look together and I never take them off.
Sounds quite lovely, thanks for sharing.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I did not wear a wedding ring when i worked and usually don't bother now. I know i am married and most men can tell just from the way i act and if they can't i don't have a problem telling them. Every once in awhile i'll think to put on my wedding band but then i will take it off to wash dishes or something and forget about it.I have lost 2 wedding bands this way.
Yes I suppose that is true. I like jewelry, so I always wear mine. Plus I am not really sure how my husband would react to me not wearing it. It has never been something we discussed.