eve-teasing

@sktburla (106)
i dont know exactlt if this is the right place to start a discussion on eve-teasing but still i thought this to be the best... everyone knows of eve-teasing , so no need to explain it.. almost everyone loathes it, but what does anyone do to stop it? what can we do to stop it?
eve teasing does not mean anything to me or the others.you do' need to explain it. what does this mean? and how do we eve tease if we do not know what it means. you want answers to your question you must explain what it means first then we can give' you an intelligent answer.
@sktburla (106)
this is how the WIKIPEDIA describes "eve-teasing": Eve-Teasing is an euphemism used in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka for molestation of women by men. Considered a growing problem throughout the subcontinent, eve teasing ranges in severity from sexually suggestive remarks to outright groping. some guide books to the region warn female tourists that eve teasing may be avoided by wearing conservative clothing, though eve teasing is reported both by indian women and by conservatively dressed foreign tourists.
@sconibear (8006)
thanks for explaining this to us sktburla. you have to remember that people here on MyLot are from all over the world, not just from where you are....i think that's why nobody knew what you were talking about. anyways, you ask how to stop this behavior....i'm sure like here in the US there must be some laws put in place against this behavior....but that doesn't necessarily stop it(where's a policeman when you need one) so the only other thing would be for the victims themselves to fight back though some type of properly trained self defense. by the way.....welcome to MyLot.
i dont understand..
@baileycows (3669)
I guess I am lost. I have no idea what eve-teasing is. I guess I will have to go and look it up.
@sconibear (8006)
ummmmmm........yeah........WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT???
@juhi06 (1850)
well sktbula all social places are right to discuss about asocial problem. so no complexes about the question and the forum. i am pretty hopeful that the social activists out here will definitely provide you with some clues.