George Carlin Dies At 71

@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
I will not pretend to have been a fan. He had a sitcom on television many years ago that I found rather funny. But at that time, I had no idea what he was all about. I listened to the beginning of one of his CD's just last year and I was so offended, I had to stop it immediately. I know that his presence will be missed on the comedic curcuit. I was really surprised at how little they said about him after announcing that he died of heart failure. http://news.aol.com/entertainment/story/_a/george-carlin-dies-at-age-71/20080623021509990001
Yahoo news seemed to have a good story about him. As I was not a die hard fan myself, I have seen a few of his stand up shows on HBO and I thought they were pretty funny. Actually, my husband and I watched his last special, "it's bad for ya", and I made the comment that he looked sick. My husband said he was just getting older. None the less he was a ground breaker in the comedy world for which he will be remembered and missed.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Oh alright, you know more about his career than I do.
@syeryn (574)
This is sad news indeed. I know he was not a comedian that everyone could connect with but I loved his routines and thought them brilliant. He could be offensive but I found the humor in those skits too.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I will admit that I did get a few laughs from him.