Well Bummer

@carolbee (16241)
I would have titled this discussion, well damn but wasn't sure myLot would accept it. Dropped my car off this morning to have a state inspection and emissions test. The phone rang about 2 hours later. I knew when the number popped up on caller id there was a problem. I picked up a nail in one of my tires and it will cost $150.00 for one new tire. The guy said the tire couldn't be salvaged. I trust this company since it's a well known auto and tire dealership so told them to put on a new tire. The total bill will be right at $200.00. My car is relatively new since I've only had it about 1 1/2 years. Do you have frustrating days with your car such as I've had this morning?
@MH4444 (2161)
I have before. My last purchase was for a Jeep Wrangler. I have had no issues whatsoever. Just maintainence as per quo. I really love that car. Hope it gets better for you.
@carolbee (16241)
I didn't have a choice since it needed to be replace so the car would pass inspection. Otherwise I couldn't drive it. Plus, the safety factor. Thanks so much for responding.
April and May were my bummer car months. This seems very weird to me but here is what happened...I went out to my car to go shopping and it wouldn't start. Got a jump, took it to car shop and it needed a new battery. Two weeks later, my husband wakes me up and tells me his truck won't start and I will have to take him to work..ok.. AAA comes and jumps the truck, and I take it to the car shop...it needs a new battery. Three weeks later I go over to my mother-in-laws to take her to a doctor appointment. I get in her car....it won't start. She has AAA jump the car, I take it to the car shop...you guessed...it needed a new battery...GO FIGURE! What are the odds! Three vehicles and three new batteries! Last week I took my car to the tire shop to get the tires rotated....NO... I DID NOT NEED A NEW BATTERY...Ha, Ha...this time it was new brakes..$349.
@carolbee (16241)
Glad to hear you didn't need another battery..lol I got the tire and it's all over with. Had no clue there was a nail in the tire. Thanks so much for responding.
@blackbriar (9080)
I hate when I get a flat tire and then finding out that it can't be salvaged. I've driven for months on a spare till I could scrape up enough money for a new tire. I'm just glad I know how to change a tire and can be pretty quick about it as well. Quick enough to really impress some macho guys who think women can't do any type of car maintance.
@carolbee (16241)
You go girl..lol I am impressed with any female who can do male dominated jobs or dirty jobs. Thanks for responding.
@luvstochat (6914)
I have never heard of a tire not being able to be slavaged from just getting a nail in it. I get nails in my tire all the time and coop will fix them for about $14.00. If you ahd to buy a new tire it would cost about $50 here. Tires are expensive where you are from!
@carolbee (16241)
I drive an suv so the tires are more costly. It was the way the nail was wedged in the tire. It was on the side and there was no way to salvage it. Wish it would have been that easy. Oh well, I had to do what I had to do in order to pass the inspection and keep the car on the road. Thanks for responding.
Hhello carolbee, Nice to hear from you I don't blame you for being frustrated about your car getting a nail in the tire and costing so much. I don't drive, but my husband does, he is also a cyclist and he drives me mad buying this and buy that, two months ago he bought himself a frame costing £1000. I hit the roof.''Men'' Hope things had all worked out for you. Love Marie
@carolbee (16241)
The tire has been replaced, the car passed the inspection an I am good to go for another 2 years. Ouch! Make your husband buy you something nice next time he gets the urge to spend..lol Thanks for responding.
@writersedge (22579)
I went to have my car fixed one day and it cost me $300 so you got off light. But at that point in time, I had not money so having to use my credit card and go into debt more didn't make me happy, so yes, I do have frustrating times with my car sometimes.
@carolbee (16241)
I am over my fit of anger..lol We just paid for the license for another 2 yrs. so guess I am keeping the car! Cars can be frustrating. Thanks for responding.
@jillhill (37383)
Mine is just a 1 1/2 years old to so I am knocking on wood right now....in the past when I used to buy used cars I did have days like that.....and it's frustrating! But since I started buying new ones I feel relatively safe from too much damage to the checkbook and with a warranty I feel much safer.
@carolbee (16241)
I bought my car new and it's been wonderful. First time I've owned a Mazda. Lots of construction going on in our daughter's subdivision so guess that's where I picked up the nail. Thanks for responding.