Mylot

@avidwhit (1492)
Mexico
Yesterday I spent all day wondering why this computer was unable to show me a single page on the internet. After many many attempts I finally realized that the reason I was unable to connect was not because of a virus or my bad programming and must be due to the cable provider. Being that my computer is in spanish and I have a tough time reading spanish makes thins like this a bit more difficult and time consuming not to mention frustrating. Question, is My Lot running slow today? Or is this just my computer.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi David, I did in fact find my computer very slow on myLot yesterday and was copying replies I had written as it seemed so slow I thought I might lose due to time out. Sometimes I think with the number of members and if many are on together their server isn't able to cope. Ellie :D
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Hola Ellie, I have thought this as well at times. Being a newby I have no experience to draw from. Thanks for the reply, It means alot coming from someone with 5 months of user experience. Nice to know im not alone. Thanks for the reply and Have a nice evening! David
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi David, Thank you for the best response, I didn't think you were here at the moment. Hope your venture is going well, will plant another couple of trees on payout this month too. Ellie :D
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
The venture is coming at the speed that God seems to want at this time a little by little. On a daily basis I see people support the idea and others say its crazy and will never work. We have a few interested members coming in in the next few mnths but will probubly be about feb. before any major change. Poco con poco...as they say here. Take care and thanks for responding With the best response! Hasta :)
@banadux (630)
If you have trouble reading spanish why don't you change the language of your operating system? Windows has many options available by default and you can get even more I think through their website. You should check it out. It might make your computing experience a lot more pleasant.
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
This is a great idea! Will have to see what I can do. I have tryed everything I can think of but sometimes I lack in basic tech sense. Honestly most of the time. Yes you are right this will make for a better computing experience. Thanks for the great tech Idea. I am going to send this post to myself, to help remember how you suggested to do this. thanks in advance! Sincerely David
@jonesy123 (3950)
It's not been running slow for me. It could indeed be your computer. Who is your cable provider?
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Megared mexico style. Do you think they will give me some king of rebate for the lost day I had, not a chance. Only if they have to send a tech on a service call to fix it and if its not their falt/problem then $10 service fee I pay. Whatever the problem the tech. fixed it over the phone just by typing on a keyboard which I overheard. They never used to be open on the weekends thats why I didnt bother to call untill today.
@kerriannc (4282)
• Jamaica
Earlier in the day it was really heavy and moving slow. It has since been smooth sailing since the evening hours. Glad that you have sorted out the problem and now is ready to sail on here.
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Yes, seems to be better now. Sailing along more smoothly. Just needed to take a break for awhile, I guess and let the breeze pick up. Thanks for the post.