SHAKEN BABY SYDROME

DO YOU REALIZE THE DAMAGE....... You knew your baby would cry. But, did you know how frustrating that crying could be when you have tried everything to comfort your baby, and she just keeps crying? Dealing with a crying baby can be very hard, and parents often don't realize just how frustrating it is until they are in a stressful situation. No one thinks they will shake their infant, but research shows crying as the number one trigger leading caregivers to violently shake and injure babies.
@sbeauty (5871)
A crying infant can be hard to take, but millions of people get through this stage without harming their baby.
YES BUT SOME CHILDREN SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF THERE PARENTS I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY GREAT NEICE WHO SURVIVED SHAKEN BABY AND NOW MUST LIVE WITH THE AFTER AFFECTS PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE HER LIFE HAS BEEN ONE CHALLENGE AFTER ANOTHER
@nishant5n (1067)
Shaken baby syndrome is an increasingly recognized form of child abuse today. Vigorous shaking of an infant or baby can cause severe damage to the nervous system of the baby even if there is no direct injury to the head. Babies or infants under six months of age are particularly vulnerable because of their disproportionately heavy heads and weak neck muscles. We must keep in mind to never ever touch a baby while in anger.
@adonica (439)
This is a terrible problem today and alot of it is unreported to. I am so sorry to hear about your niece. How can parents be so cruel. People just have no value of life anymore. I think that crimes against children should have stricter punishments and they shouldn't be seperated from other inmates .. Let good ole Bubba get em'.
@rachelynn (428)
I'm sorry to hear about your niece. I think there are many people that are not aware of what shaken baby syndrome is. I think more needs to be done to educate the public on this. I didn't know what it was when I first had children. Both of my son's had colic and they would cry for hours at night. It is stressful and the more stressed out you get the more the baby gets stressed out. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it I did many times. Even if its just for someone to take the baby for awhile so you can take a break.