What's the most comfortable posture for using a laptop on bed?

France
I can't find it
@SomeCowgirl (32277)
I do not know how they make it look so comfortable in movies, probably because they do not do it but for a very short time. I can not find a great posture for using the laptop on the bed, but I will usually do half indian style so as to have on leg on the ground and the other near my inner thigh. This causes a slouch, and can become uncomfortable after a while but I tend to stretch in between whatever I am doing at the time. I hope that you can find a correct posture to play on the laptop. They do have things that help elevate the laptop and angle it so that the screen of the laptop is tilted down slightly towards you. I also think it has a place to rest your wrists while you type, and some even have a organizing compartment so as to put paper and pens when needed. This still does not alleviate strain on the back, but maybe if you can put a lot of cushion-y pillows it may help. Have a Great day.
• France
It makes me think a little bed table would be a great help! I like the thing to rest the wrists. Have a nice day
• France
Thanx
@mentalward (14716)
Is there such a thing? LOL Nope, I've tried several different positions, but have never found a comfortable one. I bought a fan that goes under the laptop to keep both the computer and your lap cooler, and it really helps tremendously. But I don't know if there's really a comfortable position to use the laptop in bed.
• France
Yeah it seems really hard to find such thing, This fan for your laptop it sounds good I wanna see that!
@mentalward (14716)
You can get them almost everywhere computers are sold. I got mine at an electronics store called Best Buy. I'm not sure if they are in France, but I'm sure there are other stores like it there. The fan is not expensive and is definitely worth the price since laptops tend to get so hot underneath! I'd much rather spend that small amount for the fan than have to buy a new laptop because my old one gets fried from overheating!
• France
I had this problem with mine and I even had to send it to repair for this reason
@apresto (127)
• Bulgaria
It's laying or your tummy and putting the laptop in front of your eyes. That's how you're mostly resting.
• France
Isn't it bad for the back ?
@James72 (26833)
I struggle with this also actually! It is easy to get many viewing positions but typing positions are a nightmare! Laying on your stomach is OK for a few minutes or so but then the lower back starts to ache; having the laptop on my stomach or chest is great to see the screen but typing is hard bbecasue you can't see the keys so well..... The only way I have found that seems ok is to fold the laptop out almost 180 degrees and prop it on my upturned knees. But even this is not easy after a while! Maybe it is just one of those things that aren't meant to come easy? Invent a laptop for bed use and you might just make it rich! lol.
• France
Yeah I dream about such a comfortable machine
@petiksmode (2986)
i usually lean on the wall or headboard and have a pillow on my lap and then my laptop...or i am lying in my stomach with laptop in front of me...
• France
Cool
@bombshell (11268)
sit on your bed put the loptop on your legs and then legs down.
• France
Yup I could do it but just for short time
by leaning back on pillows.. not good for back but its the only way i can be comfy
@mialei23 (2386)
Seating in my bed with a table beside me, I think its hard to sloughs using laptops. I got trouble with my back pain, I got scoliosis and I have to seat or stand straight. When I'm tired typing with my laptop seating, I put a pillow on my bag and carry my laptop on my laptop.
@mialei23 (2386)
I mean on my lap.
• France
@goldeneagle (6776)
I don't think there is one LOL
@pau_79 (793)
Yeah, I have to agree I dont think theres a comfortable position-lol. Its really frustrating sometimes I have to sit, lie on my side, use pillows on my side grrr still its uncomfortable.
• France
I find it very hard too
It is still better to put it on a table while sitting on your bed because putting it on your lap for long would not be comfortable for your lap when it heats up.
And by the way, putting the laptop over a pillow or anything soft would be harmful for your laptop because as I have observed, the laptop becomes more hot if you put it on a soft surface than putting it on a hard surface.
@williamjisir (22912)
Hello Cannonball. I cannot find any comfortable ways to use the laptop on bed, either. I would feel very tired after some time of using it on bed. So I always love to use it on the computer table, sitting before it.
• France
I agree with you its much better
the most comfortable one is lying supine on the bed. just put a pillow under your chest. it supports as well as gives the weight of your body some rest from your elbows. elbows are relatively free from strain and you can work hours in that position. all the very best and do let me know...
• France
Thats cool I will try that
@squaretile (3835)
i think the best posture is to have lots of cushions everywhere padding your back and legs. then put your laptop on either a huge pillow or one of those nifty gadgets where there is a hard board, and a pillow attached below it. that will ensure that the laptop doesn't burn up your lap.
• France
I like both idea
@Valenas (1510)
I pile up the pillows and lean against them. I try to make it into the shape of a seat so that I will be able to lean back into it comfortably. I bend my legs, and open up the laptop a little so that the bottom of it kind of follows my legs, and the very end rests against my stomach. I am not sure if you would find it comfortable, because people have different points of comfort. But, it is worth a shot.
• France
Mmmmmm, I will try with many pillows then
@se7enthbird (8330)
use a bed tray so you can have the right posture when using laptop on bed. we have a plastic bed tray but is sinks down at the bed for the plastic is not that thick to hold the weight of the laptop so i bought i wood bed tray and it is really cool. try to use a bed tray when using laptop on the bed.
• France
Cool
@teison2 (5927)
• Norway
It is with a table that wheels in over the bed and tilts, or with a pillowtable on your lap.
• France
It seems good this table
@gloreymay (882)
I find it hard too... but I usually had pillows on my back to be comfortable and placing laptop with pillow under too to keep it elevated at least.
• France
I like pillows on my back
@phoenix25 (1543)
I put a pillow behind my back and sit up in bed with my laptop on my lap. Because the bottom of the laptop can get hot, sometimes I put a pillow underneath my laptop too. That also helps to elevate it a little bit so it can be easier to see. I don't like to lie on my stomach and use the laptop because that gets too uncomfortable for me.
• France
I couldn't stay long on my stomache like dat too
@agihcam (1916)
Ok.I got pillows and put them on the wall,then I will sit on the bed with my back on the wall with pillows.having three pillows under my laptop to prevent the heat on my thighs as well as to get the little eye level.
• France
Good thing
@iseuli (1)
I have a tilting headboard on my bed so I put a pillow against it so my back is comfortable. Then I place a small firm pillow below my knees to naturally have it angled up a bit. (This way I don't need to use any strength to keep my legs up) I then place my laptop on my lap. I don't use blankets or anything when I'm on my bed with my laptop.