blood donation

@raclie (1732)
Singapore
i just donated blood!!! i am so happy!!! the sastifaction is worth the pain!!! of course, i did not listen to the instructions of pressing the thing slowly... i was pressing away... and then i felt dizzy... i was so dumb!!! lol.. so anyway... how many of you have donated blood before?
@smacksman (6074)
Good for you. I haven't given blood recently but when I was in the Army we gave regularly. You can get dizzy, I know. I gave blood once and went to the tent outside to sit down with a cup of tea and a biscuit. Then in comes the biggest man in our troop and promptly faints! The nurse asked me to help lift him up and we managed it together but then I felt faint and had to sit on the ground next to the chap I had just helped! haha. I don't know if my blood was used as I had bilharzia before and all my blood tests still showed positive for the parasite even though I had gone through the 'cure' which nearly killed me. Some cure, eh? haha You never know when you may need blood to save you so it is a really good thing to give blood.
@raclie (1732)
wow... that is really strange!!! a big man donating blood, and fainting... shows that others who are bigger and stronger can actually be more scared than us!!! lol.. hope you are well
@smacksman (6074)
Maybe he really needed that pint they took away? haha
@qhwater (393)
oh, you did very well, raclie! i did not donate my blood. during the colleague, we had chance to donate blood. but i was too slim and doctor suggested me not to do that. maybe someday i will try again. to help others also means to help ourselves someday, right?
@raclie (1732)
lol... i think it does, since we will have to make the blood ourselves, so we have new bood in our body!!! lol...
@reinydawn (11649)
Our community does blood drives every so often, be we haven't been able to give in one yet. A little over a year ago we had been to a country that is on the "can't donate" list. We're ok now and waiting for the next blood drive. I wish it would hurry up though because I want to get another tattoo and that would hold me up for donating again.
@raclie (1732)
lol... well... hope it will come soon!!!
@lynettebyc (2416)
Hello, raclie, i haven't donated blood so far. I'm short of blood myself, haha. But i do donate money when the earthquake happened in Sichuan, China. You're kind. Have a good rest and be blessed.
@raclie (1732)
wow... that is really cool of you, donating to those who really need help at the monent...
I "donated" blood at least twenty times when I was pregnant. Seemed like every other week they were taking a blood donation for medical tests. But I am so happy my medical team was so thorough. Not all moms/babies are so lucky. We were in really good hands. As far as regular blood donations. Not recently. I think I did that while I was in school. I have one of the rarest blood types and so does my daughter. Our blood types are universal. But we can't get blood donations during surgery from anyone except someone belonging to the exact same blood type. Ideally, I'd be the perfect traveling companion. As my blood type is compatible with most of the people on the planet. Not vice versa though! Sad for me.